Report: Jon Gosselin's 'ET' deal doesn't prohibit the kids' filming
By Christopher Rocchio, 10/15/2009
Jon Gosselin's concern about his children's television appearances apparently applies only to TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8 cameras.
Although he's spent the last two weeks publicly insisting that it is "not healthy" and "detrimental" for his eight children to appear on television, Gosselin reportedly didn't feel the need to prohibit the kids' filming in a deal he negotiated with Entertainment Tonight.
"He has a deal with ET for interviews and they get special access to events, like the twins' birthday," a source close to Gosselin told MSNBC in a Wednesday report. "The terms don't stipulate that the kids can't be involved."
Gosselin had his lawyers demand TLC "cease and desist" filming of his eight kids late last month. The network immediately suspended "direct filming of the children... pending further conversations between both parents," but filming has remained halted since then.
"We are still filming [Kate Gosselin]," a Jon & Kate Plus 8 representative told MSNBC. "We are not filming the kids."
However Jon has made a myriad of appearances on Entertainment Tonight and its The Insider sister show during the past two weeks -- including an October 8 appearance in which he allowed Entertainment Tonight's cameras to film twins Mady and Cara getting into his car after he met them at their school bus stop and "reunited" with the girls prior to their ninth birthday party at the family's Wernersville, PA home.
"Climb in... sorry for the inconvenience," he told the girls before he later moved out of the way and allowed ET's cameraman into the car's passenger seat area to film footage of the girls seating in the backseat before closing the passenger door.
In addition, Entertainment Tonight -- which also accompanied Gosselin as he picked up a cake and gifts for the girls and drove from his new New York City apartment for the party -- also boasted that it was allowed to film and live stream "every moment" as he arrived at the couple's shared home for the twins' birthday.
Jon's attorney Mark Jay Heller did not return MSNBC's calls for comment.
Jon has cited "an epiphany" for his newfound agreeance with critics' previous claims that Jon & Kate Plus 8 is detrimental to his children.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.