Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > The Real Housewives > The Real Housewives of D.C.

'Real Housewives of D.C.' dinner crashers deny shopping interview


By Christopher Rocchio, 11/30/2009 

Potential The Real Housewives of D.C. cast members Michaele and Tareq Salahi have denied that they are seeking a six-figure payment for an interview about how they were able to attend last Tuesday night's state dinner at the White House without an invite.

ADVERTISEMENT
"This is an erroneous report and allegation," Salahi representative Mahogany Jones told E! News.

"The Salahis are not shopping any interviews or demanding any money from any media networks to tell their story. They are not talking with the press or making any formal interviews or statements at this time."

In addition, Jones told E! News that since they "are not talking with the press or making any formal interviews or statements at this time," the couple also decided to cancel an interview on CNN's Larry King Live that had originally been scheduled for Monday night.

According to weekend reports, the Salahis had contacted broadcast networks and urged them to "get their bids in" for an interview about how they were able to crash last week's state dinner for Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

The Secret Service learned of the security breach when it began to receive media inquiries about the Salahis attendance at the private event after photos appeared on Michaele's Facebook account. 

While they reportedly left before the dinner sitting occurred, the couple managed to have contact with both President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan subsequently stated that a Secret Service checkpoint "did not follow proper procedure to ensure these two individuals were on the invited guest list."

An investigation by the agency is still taking place and criminal charges could be filed against the couple, however Salahi lawyer Paul Gardner has posted a comment to the Facebook account claiming Tareq and Michaele were "cleared" by the White House "to be there."

Bravo has since confirmed that Michaele and Tareq Salahi are being considered as The Real Housewives of D.C. cast members but added neither the network nor show's production company had any knowledge they were crashing the dinner uninvited.

(Photo credit Bravo)


DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.










Take Our User Survey





Page generated in 0.041242837905884 seconds
About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed