Reality TV World Show Updates   People News   TV Ratings News   Entertainment News   RealityTVDB   POP Hollywood   Spoiler News
Features & Interviews   Sexy Social Pics of the Day   Things to Know Profiles   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > The Real Housewives > The Real Housewives of D.C.


'Real Housewives of D.C.' White House crashers shopping interview

By Christopher Rocchio, 11/29/2009 

Potential The Real Housewives of D.C. cast members Michaele and Tareq Salahi are apparently attempting to cash in on their story of how they crashed last week's state dinner at the White House.

Representatives for the couple have contacted broadcast networks to urge them "get their bids in" for an interview about how they were able to attend last Tuesday night's state dinner for Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh without an invite, a television executive told The Associated Press.

The executive added that the Salahis are looking for payment in the six-figure range for an interview, according to The AP, which added broadcast network news division normally do not pay for interviews unless exclusive material -- such as pictures or videos -- are included.

In addition, CNN told The AP that the Salahis canceled a scheduled Monday appearance on Larry King Live.

The Secret Service learned of the security breach when it began to receive media inquiries about the Salahis attendance at the private event after photos appeared on Michaele's Facebook account.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan subsequently stated that a Secret Service checkpoint "did not follow proper procedure to ensure these two individuals were on the invited guest list."

An investigation by the agency is still taking place and criminal charges could be filed against the couple, however Salahi lawyer Paul Gardner has posted a comment to the Facebook account claiming Tareq and Michaele were "cleared" by the White House "to be there."

Bravo has since confirmed that Michaele and Tareq Salahi are being considered as The Real Housewives of D.C. cast members but added neither the network nor show's production company had any knowledge they were crashing the dinner uninvited.

The couple who crashed President Barack Obama's first state dinner are peddling their story to broadcast networks for hundreds of thousands of dollars, a television executive says.

The executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the network does not publicly discuss bookings, told The Associated Press that representatives for Michaele and Tareq Salahi contacted networks to urge them to "get their bids in" for an interview. The executive said the Virginia couple was looking for a payment in the mid-six figures range.

Meanwhile, CNN confirmed that the Salahis had canceled an appearance they had scheduled for "Larry King Live" on Monday.

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.

Take Our User Survey

Page generated Mon Oct 24, 2016 23:20 pm in 0.40518498420715 seconds

About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed

Page fetched in 0.41761684417725 seconds