Nancy is clearly hard on herself during rehearsals, but she always manages to deliver beautiful dance routines. The judges admire Nancy's class and grace, and she has a great shot to make it to theDancing with the Stars finals as long as fans keep voting for her.
Are you curious to learn more about Nancy, who was born on October 13 in Stoneham, Massachusetts?
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Nancy Kerrigan:
- Her ancestry includes English, Irish and German. She has two brothers, Michael and Mark, and three children: Matthew born in 1996, Brian born in 2005, and Nicole born in 2008.
- Nancy placed third at the 1991 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, allowing her to qualify for the 1991 World Championships, where she won the bronze medal as part of an American sweep.
- Nancy has helped to create very memorable couture figure-skating costumes after teaming up with fashion designer Vera Wang.
- In 1992, she earned a bronze medal in the Albertville Winter Olympics and the silver medal at the 1992 World Championships. One year later, Nancy became the United States Ladies Champion and delivered a silver medal performance at the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Olympics.
- Nancy is executive producing a documentary Why Don't You Lose 5 Lbs, which examines the silent epidemic of eating disorders in sports. She also previously appeared on Boy Meets World in 1995, Skating with Celebrities in 2006, and Blades of Glory starring Will Ferrell in 2007.
- Prior to competing on Dancing with the Stars, Nancy sought advice from fellow figure skaters Kristi Yamaguchi and Dorothy Hamill, who warned her the show would be very demanding but also a great experience.
Nancy was also suffering from herniated discs in her spine that cause nerve damage down her arm, however, she's been putting off surgery.
- Her Nancy Kerrigan Foundation has raised significant funds for the vision impaired in honor of her legally blind mother, Brenda.