Nick is a 36-year-old former software salesman who is working to launch his own line of grooming products, especially for facial hair. He joined the Dancing with the Stars cast shortly after starring on The Bachelor's 21st season and getting engaged to Vanessa Grimaldi, who appears to support her fiance in the ballroom every single week.
Before ABC's The Bachelor series, Nick competed on The Bachelorette's tenth and eleventh editions and got dumped in the runner-up spot both times by Andi Dorfman and Kaitlyn Bristowe, respectively. Nick also took a stab at finding love on Season 3 of Bachelor in Paradise, calling himself "a reality TV reject."
Nick is used to being in the spotlight, but learning ballroom dance is certainly new to him. He's been the underdog on the show for a while now, but that doesn't mean he can't make it to the end with the help of his loyal fans.
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Nick Viall:
- Nick was born on September 29, 1980 to Christopher Viall and Mary Viall in Milwaukee, WI, but he was raised in nearby Waukesha. His parents have been married for 37 years, and Nick is the second of eleven children.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant graduated from Waukesha North High School in 1999, where he excelled in track and field including winning the 800-meter run at WIAA State Track & Field Championships.
- Nick's favorite holiday is the Fourth of July because he considers himself pretty patriotic. (Ironically, Vanessa is from Montreal, Canada). Nick's favorite snack is whole-wheat toast and peanut butter topped with sliced pickles.
- Nick attended the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee where he was a captain of the Milwaukee Panthers. He set a school record for the 3,200-meter relay run and eventually graduated with a double major in accounting and supply chain management.
- Nick has a quirky and self-deprecating humor. When he was a kid, he wanted to be a cartoonist for Disney, and he used to know all of the Disney songs by heart. (No wonder he made such a good Pinocchio on Dancing with the Stars!)
- The reality TV star's favorite movie is Quentin Tarantino's 1993 movie True Romance, and his first car was a 1980 orange Toyota Tercel hatchback he named Jose.
- When he's not spending time with friends and family, Nick enjoys traveling, beach volleyball, rooting for the Green Bay Packers, eating Chipotle, and showing off his rollerskating skills.