NFL players tend to be successful on Dancing with the Stars, but Rashad surpassed all expectations for his stint on the ABC reality dancing competition almost immediately. Rashad continues to be a frontrunner and definitely has a shot to win the mirrorball trophy with his professional partner Emma Slater.
Do you want to learn more about the DWTS contestant, whom judge Carrie Ann Inaba once called a "born dancer?"
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Rashad Jennings:
- The 6'1" athlete was born on March 26, 1985 in Forest, VA. He was a self-described "chubby kid with asthma and glasses."
- The Dancing with the Stars celebrity was mentored in football by his two older brothers. They coached his private high school team at Lynchburg Christian Academy for free in order for Rashad to attend the school.
Rashad later left the University of Pittsburgh after one season as a true starting freshman there in order to be closer to home and his father, who was diagnosed with diabetes and had both of his legs amputated.
- Rashad was drafted in 2009 in the seventh round by the Jacksonville Jaguars -- where he spent four seasons -- was signed by the Oakland Radars in 2013 for one season, and signed a four-year contract with the New York Giants in 2014.
- Rashad tends to master any skill he attempts, including playing guitar, archery and poetry. He takes up a different hobby every offseason of football, and this year, he chose dance over learning a foreign language.
- Rashad was ranked one of the number one NFL safeties in 2015. In a breakout season in 2015, he started every game and set career highs in carries, rushing yards, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.
- He is the founder of the Rashad Jennings Foundation and is dedicated to inspiring youth by making education fun, providing mentorship for individual success, and promoting health and fitness.
- Rashad never drank alcohol a day in his life in order to make a strong statement to his father, who struggled with alcoholism.