Lifetime reveals identities of 'Project Runway's seventh-season cast
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/16/2009
Lifetime has revealed the identities of the 16 fashion designers competing on Project Runway's seventh season, which will premiere Thursday, January 14 at 10PM ET/PT.
Unlike its sixth season -- which filmed primarily in Los Angeles -- Project Runway's seventh season was filmed in New York City, the home of the show's first five seasons. The season's finale runway show is scheduled to film at New York Fashion Week in February.
The seventh-season winner will receive an editorial feature in an upcoming issue of Marie Claire magazine, the opportunity to sell their line on Bluefly.com, a $50,000 HP and Intel technology suite to help them run a business, and a cash prize of $100,000 to help them start a fashion line.
The seventh season represents Lifetime's second edition of the reality series after Lifetime Networks and The Weinstein Company announced in April 2008 their five-year, 10-season deal to bring Project Runway to Lifetime from Bravo beginning with the reality competition's sixth installment.
Following the announcement, Bravo's NBC Universal parent company filed a lawsuit against Lifetime and The Weinstein Company -- which was finally resolved this past April, resulting in the sixth edition premiering in August.
The 16 designers competing on Project Runway's seventh season -- and their Lifetime-supplied bios -- are:
- Amy Sarabi, a 26-year-old from Plano, TX who currently resides in Oakland, CA
- Anna Lynett, a 23-year-old from Whitefish Bay, WI who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Anthony L. Williams, a 28-year-old from Birmingham, AL who currently resides in Atlanta, GA
- Ben Chmura, a 30-year-old from South Meriden, CT who currently resides in Tampa, FL
- Christiane King, a 30-year-old from Abidjan, Cote d' Ivorie who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Emilio Sosa, a 43-year-old from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic who currently resides in New York, NY - Jay Nicolas Sario, a 31-year-old from The Philippines who currently resides in San Francisco, CA
- Janeane Marie Ceccanti, a 28-year-old from Willows, CA who currently resides in Portland, OR
- Jesse LeNoir, a 25-year-old from Painesville, OH who currently resides in Orlando, FL
- Jesus Estrada, a 21-year-old from Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico who currently resides in San Diego, CA
- Jonathan Joseph Peters, 29-year-old from Woonsocket, RI who currently resides in Providence, RI
- Maya Luz, a 22-year-old from Santa Fe, NM who currently resides in New York, NY
- Mila Hermanovski, a 40-year-old from Dallas, TX who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Pamela Ptak, a 47-year-old from Pittsfield, MA who currently resides in Riegelsville, PA
- Ping Wu, a 33-year-old from Chendu, Sichuan Province, China who currently resides in Chicago, IL
- SethAaron Henderson, a 38-year-old from San Diego, CA who currently resides in Vancouver, WA