Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > Jon & Kate Plus 8

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' stars Jon and Kate Gosselin's divorce now official


By Christopher Rocchio, 12/18/2009 

Jon and Kate Gosselin's 10-year marriage is officially over.

ADVERTISEMENT
The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 stars' divorce was finalized around Friday midday when the judge handling the couple's divorce case signed the paperwork required to make their split official, People reported.

"I am very relieved that our divorce has been finalized, and I look forward to the New Year, focusing on the children. On behalf of myself and my legal team, I want to express my deep appreciation to the judge and his staff, as well as to the arbitrator, for resolving this case," said Kate in a statement obtained by People.

"This has been a challenging transition for all of us, but I am confident that we will move ahead with the important task of restructuring our lives."

Kate's lawyer Mark Momjian told TMZ that she will "continue to reside with all eight of her children in the former marital home" in Wernersville, PA.

"We are very pleased with the final outcome," Momjian told TMZ.

Thursday reports had indicated that the couple's divorce would be finalized within 24 hours, and a source told People on Friday morning that "the divorce papers are sitting on a desk, waiting to be signed."

"While the arbitration proceedings are still a work in progress, Jon and Kate will remain binded in their commitment to their eight wonderful children," a representative for Jon told TMZ.

"Jon is confident that he and Kate will be able to move forward in a fashion that will be in the best interest of the Gosselin family."

Jon and Kate filed for divorce in June -- on the same day they publicly announced their separation during a Jon & Kate Plus 8 broadcast. Late last month, Jon's lawyer Mark Heller stated it was "possible" the divorce could be finalized by the end of the year after the couple attended a day-long divorce arbitration hearing.

TLC filed a breach of contract lawsuit against Jon in October and he subsequently filed a $5 million counterclaim lawsuit against the network -- claiming TLC hindered his ability to make money by preventing him from working with other media outlets due to an exclusivity clause in his contract with the network.

Last week, a judge granted TLC a preliminary injunction that prevents Jon from making media appearances and endorsements because the network claims they violate his contract -- a ruling that reportedly left Gosselin in "serious financial trouble."

The preliminary injunction was granted pending the outcome of a trial scheduled to begin in April.

(Photo credit TLC)


DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.












Take Our User Survey





Page generated in 0.022525072097778 seconds
About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed