Report: Jon Gosselin in "serious financial trouble" due to injunction
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/16/2009
Jon Gosselin will reportedly be hoping his stocking is stuffed with cash on Christmas morning.
The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star is in "serious financial trouble" after a judge granted TLC a preliminary injunction last week that prevents Gosselin from making media appearances and endorsements because the network claims they violate his contract, Fox News reported Tuesday.
"Jon's in pretty serious financial trouble because his plan for making money was shut down in court," a source told Fox News.
"He has warned his lawyers that he can't pay them and if he doesn't succeed against TLC, he will have no funds. He's even gone so far as to say that if they want to be paid, they will have to sue him."
The "lawyers" the source is referring to are Gosselin's lawyer Mark Heller and his son Mike Heller -- the CEO of Talent Resources, which is serving as Gosselin's manager -- who were introduced to him through now-former friend Michael Lohan.
"Mark and Mike Heller were brought in because Michael Lohan was involved, and he convinced them to join Jon's team early on in the summer," the source told Fox News.
"Lohan wanted to latch onto Jon and involved many people he knew. He convinced them Jon was going to have a successful career after the show."
In October, a judge ordered Gosselin to return $180,000 of the $230,000 his estranged wife Kate Gosselinalleged he withdrew from one of their joint bank accounts in violation of an arbitrator's previous order that they not withdraw any funds without the other's approval. Kate claimed that Jon's withdrawal left her with no money to pay the bills and support their eight children.
Jon led his lawyers to believe he had additional money in various accounts, the source told Fox News.
However that was apparently untrue and now it's Jon's bills that are reportedly stacking up and beginning to go unpaid, according to the source, who added the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 is in need of a legitimate job but isn't getting any offers.
"It's a good thing Kate Gosselin has been put in charge of the family funds that provide for the couple's eight children," the source told Fox News. "She is the responsible parent."
Representatives for the Hellers have denied the source's claim that Jon is going belly up.
"Jon Gosselin's New York lawyer has the highest regard for Jon Gosselin and will continue to work for Jon for as long as he requires their services. The Hellers have no concern relevant to being paid by Jon for their services and see no circumstances under which they would ever sue Jon," reads a statement obtained by Fox News.
"This past year, Jon Gosselin was the most photographed man in America and appeared in more magazines than any other reality TV star. Wherever he goes, there is an outpouring of love for him from his fans. And there is no doubt that he has a bright and shining career ahead of him."
Last week's preliminary injunction was granted pending the outcome of a trial scheduled to begin in April.
(Photo credit TLC)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.