Fox has declined to comment on the shakeup reports -- which had also included since-confirmed reports that Nigel Lythgoe will be returning to American Idol as one of the show's executive producers -- however entertainment chairman Peter Rice had told reporters no new talent contracts had been signed yet last week.
"The only thing I can tell you is that no one has signed a deal yet on either side of the camera to be on American Idol who wasn't on the show last year," he told reporters at the network's Television Critics Association's summer press tour presentation last Monday.
But while he declined to comment on the reports, Rice had admitted that didn't necessarily mean Lopez and Tyler wouldn't be joining Jackson on a new three-person panel and Kara DioGuardi wasn't being axed.
"Much of the information [in the media] is accurate and some of it is wildly inaccurate," he said before adding Fox expects to have Idol's tenth-season judging panel in place and announced by the time the season's nationwide callback auditions begin with the judges begin in mid-September.
According to TMZ's original July 29 about Idol's new alleged tenth-season judging panel, a failure to finalize a deal with Lopez was the only way DioGuardi could still return to Fox reality competition.
"We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done," the website had reported at the time.
However according to People, Fox may now be re-examining some of their earlier judging candidates -- which reportedly included Elton John, Chris Isaak, Harry Connick Jr., Jessica Simpson, and Justin Timberlake -- now that Lopez's negotiations have fallen apart.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.