Ex-'The Bachelor' star Matt Grant developing 'Pimp My Bride' show?
By Christopher Rocchio, 01/25/2010
Former The Bachelor star Matt Grant's claim that he has a new Pimp My Bride reality show project in development is news to his supposed production partner.
Warner Brothers' Warner Horizon reality programming arm has denied being involved in the alleged project, which Grant has said will give grooms the opportunity to be the ones in charge of their upcoming nuptials.
"[We] don't know anything about it," a spokesperson for Warner Horizon, which also produces The Bachelor for ABC, told Reality TV World late Monday afternoon.
Word of the project first surfaced via an Us Weekly report published online earlier Monday.
"[It's] an organic follow-up to The Bachelor," the former The Bachelor: London Calling star toldUs during a Saturday appearance at a Haiti disaster relief event in Santa Monica, CA.
"It's about the groom being in control of the wedding."
Grant told Us he began developing Pimp My Bride after starring in The Bachelor's Spring 2008 twelfth season and added it was subsequently picked up by Warner Brothers.
In addition, Grant said he is also considering an offer to participate in Bachelor Pad, a new spinoff that will feature 20 former contestants from The Bachelor's 13 seasons and The Bachelorette's five seasons living together in a Big Brother-style house.
"They've asked me to possibly do this Bachelor Pad show," he told Us about the series, which ABC ordered earlier this month.
"It's like Big Brother Bachelor with all the Bachelors in a house. I've thought about doing it because I'm obviously not famous anymore and it would give me fifteen minutes of fame!"
Lamas subsequently denied she cheated and instead claimed that although the couple hadn't announced it yet, their relationship was already over before her trip to Sin City. She also attributed Grant's inability to handle her hard-partying Hollywood lifestyle as the reason why the couple spilt.