Corinne, a 24-year-old from Miami, FL, released a media statement obtained by People on Thursday, announcing she's going to try to put this scandal behind her.
"In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things. My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4," Corinne said.
"While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with Bachelor in Paradise, my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred."
Corinne's legal team investigated a sexual encounter between Corinne and DeMario Jackson that occurred on the first day of filming in Mexico after a show producer had filed a complaint to Warner Bros. out of concern Corinne was too intoxicated to provide consent. According to People, two producers actually voiced their concerns.
Corinne initially called herself "a victim" after Bachelor in Paradise temporarily shut down production earlier this month and said she's been dealing with "physical and emotional trauma" stemming from that night. DeMario, on the other hand, said his character was being "assassinated with false claims and malicious allegations."
"I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired," Corinne clarified in her June 29 statement.
Warner Bros. had conducted its own investigation and concluded on June 20 there was no evidence of wrongdoing or sexual assault on DeMario's part. The studio therefore announced Bachelor in Paradise would resume filming and still air later this summer.
However, Warner Bros. revealed at the time there would be changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.
"My team's investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction. I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor in Paradise," said Corinne.
TMZ reported earlier this week that newly-enforced rules and regulations include a two-drink per hour limit, a bag check for illegal prescription drugs and a written log of legal medications, and permission from a producer in order for a pair to have sex that is undoubtedly consensual.
"While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on The Bachelor, and while I was invited to return to Bachelor in Paradise when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return," Corinne continued in her statement obtained by People.
"I understand the media's interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans' concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now."
DeMario has also reportedly been asked to return to Bachelor in Paradise, but there are conflicting reports as to whether he'd actually be interested in giving the reality dating series another chance.