"It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations," DeMario, a 30-year-old executive recruiter from Century City, CA, said in a statement obtained by Us Weekly on Wednesday, June 14.
"I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws."
DeMario spoke his mind only hours after Corinne called herself "a victim" and insisted she's been dealing with "physical and emotional trauma" from the situation that occurred while filming Season 4 ofBachelor in Paradise in Mexico.
"I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production," the 24-year-old Miami, FL native said in the statement.
Corinne continued, "As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality."
"As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening."
Corinne has reportedly hired blustery high-profile Hollywood attorney Marty Singer, while DeMario will be represented by attorney Walter Mosley.
Corinne did not name DeMario in her statement, but reports have circulated for days they engaged in sexual activity in a pool on Day 1 of filming this summer's edition of Bachelor in Paradise.
A show producer had filed a "misconduct" complaint to Warner Bros. in response to the sexual encounter with the concern Corinne was too drunk to consent to the aggressive PDA with DeMario, which led to production shutdown. (There are conflicting reports as to whether the producer actually witnessed the offensive act herself or only heard about it from someone else).
DeMario was bombarded by paparazzi one day prior to releasing his official statement and said in a video obtained by Entertainment Tonight that he had "no comment" on the Bachelor in Paradise scandal.
"I have nothing to say. You know, Corinne's an awesome girl and that's all I have to say. Love you all, thank you for the support," he said.
While DeMario has been accused of "taking advantage" of Corinne due to her alleged state of intoxication and lack of awareness in the situation, sources close to DeMario told TMZ earlier this week that both individuals were drinking heavily in Paradise and Corinne was actually the aggressor in the hookup, initiating kissing and foreplay with DeMario before thrusting her genitals in his face to begin oral sex in the pool.
DeMario's sources also said he feels he did nothing wrong and wants Warner Bros. to release footage of the sexual activity in Paradise to prove Corinne allegedly willingly engaged in the action.
When the rest of the Bachelor in Paradise cast learned about the production suspension, they were forced to leave the Mexican resort and go home. The cast is reportedly "in the dark" about what happened between Corinne and DeMario.
Warner Bros. said in a recent statement the company is looking into "allegations of misconduct" on the set of Bachelor in Paradise, and once the investigation is complete, "appropriate responsive action" will be taken.