Reality TV World Show Updates   People News   TV Ratings News   Entertainment News   RealityTVDB   POP Hollywood   Spoiler News
Features & Interviews   Sexy Social Pics of the Day   Things to Know Profiles   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > Bachelor in Paradise > Bachelor in Paradise - Season 4

bachelor21_corinneolympios

Corinne Olympios breaks silence on 'Bachelor in Paradise' scandal: I am a traumatized victim, this is my worst nightmare


By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 06/14/2017 

Corinne Olympios has finally spoken her side of the Bachelor in Paradise story, and things are apparently about to get even uglier.

ADVERTISEMENT
Corinne has confirmed in a Wednesday, June 14 media statement that she believes she is a victim of sexual assault.

"I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4," the 24-year-old Miami, FL native said in the statement obtained by People.

"Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production."

A source told People that Bachelor in Paradise will not resume filming, at least for this summer's edition, in light of the Warner Bros. investigation.

"As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality," Corinne continued in her statement.

Corinne did not name DeMario Jackson in her statement, but reports have circulated for days they engaged in sexual activity in a pool on Day 1 of filming Season 4 of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico.

A show producer had filed a "misconduct" complaint to Warner Bros. in response to the sexual encounter with the concern Corinne was too drunk to consent to the aggressive PDA with DeMario. (There are conflicting reports as to whether the producer actually witnessed the offensive act herself or only heard about it from someone else).

Corinne concluded: "As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening."

Corinne has reportedly hired blustery high-profile Hollywood attorney Marty Singer, while DeMario will be represented by attorney Walter Mosley.

"The show absolutely values the primacy of consent, and this instance it appears as though conduct allegedly occurred without the proper consent having been given," a Bachelor in Paradise source recently told People, adding that the situation is "incredibly difficult and complicated."

Paparazzi caught up with DeMario on Tuesday, and in a video obtained by Entertainment Tonight, the executive recruiter from California said, "No comment. I have nothing to say. You know, Corinne's an awesome girl and that's all I have to say. Love you all, thank you for the support."

An insider close to DeMario also told Us Weekly that same day that DeMario is "doing great" and is in "high spirits."

"Nobody truly enjoys having their character questioned, but he is certainly classier than how he is being portrayed," the insider told Us. "There are three sides to every story -- his, hers and the truth. He is in high spirits and positive because he knows without a doubt he didn't do what he's being accused of."

Sources close to DeMario told TMZ earlier this week that both individuals were drinking heavily in Paradise and Corinne was actually the aggressor in the hookup, initiating kissing and foreplay with DeMario on before thrusting her genitals in his face to begin oral sex in the pool.

When the rest of the Bachelor in Paradise cast learned about the production suspension, they were forced to leave the Mexican resort and go home. The cast is reportedly "in the dark" about what happened between Corinne and DeMario.

Warner Bros. said in a recent statement the company is looking into "allegations of misconduct" on the set of Bachelor in Paradise, and once the investigation is complete, "appropriate responsive action" will be taken.

The franchise's longtime host, Chris Harrison, released a statement to Good Morning America about the incident on Tuesday, saying there were a lot of "rumors" as well as "misinformation" in the press.

"The safety and care of the cast and crew of our show is of the utmost importance to us... Out of respect to all involved, there's only so much I can and will say at this time... I know in this day and age we want and even expect immediate answers but in this case it's just not possible," Chris said.

"I urge you to please be patient and respect the privacy of the parties involved. [Warner Bros.] is moving quickly to gather all the facts, and once that's done a clear concise decision can be made about where we go from here... I will keep you as informed and up to date as I possibly can."

Chris added, "We're sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused the cast, the crew and our loyal fans. It is my sincere hope that we can come to a quick resolution on this and get back to work very soon."


Corinne Olympios/Instagram

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.





PAID CONTENT









Take Our User Survey





Page generated Sun Aug 20, 2017 15:28 pm in 0.45000600814819 seconds

About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed



Page fetched in 0.46156787872314 seconds