Cee Lo Green issues statement denying sexual abuse allegations
UPI News Service, 11/09/2012
Cee Lo Green's publicist issued a statement Friday denying the recording artist and television personality sexually abused a woman as she claims.
"Given that the matter is under investigation, we obviously cannot speak as freely as we'd like. What we can say is that these allegations are despicable, untrue, and deeply hurtful to Cee Lo, his children and his family," Green's representative said in a statement.
"We are confident that when all the facts come out, it will be clear that if anyone was victimized here, it was Cee Lo. In the meantime, Cee Lo is deeply grateful for the overwhelming support he has received from his fans, his friends, and his colleagues."
TMZ said last month a woman recently filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department accusing "The Voice" judge of sexual assault.
The celebrity news website said the alleged victim told investigators Green put ecstasy in her drink without her knowledge and she woke up the next morning naked in his bed.
Green, who is famous for his song "Forget You," is to star in a holiday special with The Muppets this month.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.