Bravo reveals the identities of 'Project Runway' fifth-season cast
By Christopher Rocchio, 07/14/2008
Two days before its premiere, Bravo has finally revealed the identities of the 16 fifth-season Project Runway designers who will compete on what is expected to be the last installment of the reality series to air on the network.
"I feel as though we set the bar higher every season," said Project Runway host Heidi Klum. "We've got some truly talented, innovative and deeply creative designers this year, and I think it's fair to say, the most diverse -- everyone from a rocker chick who mostly works with leather to a more bohemian, surfer boy -- and everything in between."
Like its first four editions, Project Runway's fifth season will once again be hosted by Klum and feature clothing designer Michael Kors and Elle Magazine fashion director Nina Garcia as part of the show's judging panel. Fashion guru Tim Gunn will also return to help mentor and guide the contestants through the competition.
"Season after season the designers have amazed us," said Tim Gunn. "They have different DNA, different chemistry within each other and different views -- their creative aptitude is right on par -- but how to characterize them? That's up to the audience!"
Project Runway's fifth-season grand prize winner will receive a $100,000 TRESemme-sponsored cash prize intended to help launch their own clothing line; a 2008 VUE Hybrid; an Elle magazine editorial feature; and the opportunity to sell a fashion line on Bluefly.com.
In addition to the identities of its designers, Bravo revealed celebrity guest judges for the upcoming installment will include fourth-season Dancing with the Stars champ Apolo Anton Ohno, HGTV Design Star judge Cynthia Rowley, upcoming Bravo reality show star Rachel Zoe, designers Francisco Costa and Diane Von Furstenberg, comedian Sandra Bernhard, actress Brooke Shields, rapper LL Cool J, and RuPaul.
Project Runway's fifth season will premiere Wednesday, July 16 at 9PM ET/PT.
In April, Lifetime Networks andProject Runway's Weinstein Company production company announced an unexpected five-year deal to bring cable's top-rated reality show to Lifetime beginning with its sixth season, which the women's network announced would debut in November 2008.
- Blayne, a 23-year-old from Yakima, WA who currently resides in Seattle, WA
- Daniel, a 25-year-old from Great Barrington, MA who currently resides in Brookley, NY
- Emily, a 27-year-old from Sacramento, CA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Jennifer, a 27-year-old from East Syracuse, NY who currently resides in Pistoia, Italy
- Jerell, a 28-year-old from Houston, TX who currently resides in Los Angeles
- Jerry, a 32-year-old from Butte, MT who currently resides in New York City
- Joe, a 41-year-old from Troy, MI
- Keith, a 26-year-old from Salt Lake City, UT
- Kelli, a 27-year-old from Columbus, OH
- Kenley, a 25-year-old from Pompano Beach, FL who currently resides in Brooklyn
- Korto, a 33-year-old from Liberia who currently resides in Mabelvale, AR
- Leanne, a 27-year-old from Yuta, CA who currently resides in Portland, OR
- Stella, a 42-year-old from Astoria, NY who currently resides in New York City
- Suede, a 37-year-old from Seven Hills, OH who currently resides in Barryville, NY
- Terri, a 39-year-old from Chicago, IL who currently resides in Columbus, OH
- Wesley, a 23-year-old from Blackstone, MA who currently resides in New York City
(Photo credit Bravo/Virginia Sherwood)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.