'America's Got Talent' reveals identities of Top 40 quarterfinalists
By Reality TV World staff, 07/30/2009
America's Got Talent revealed the identities of its Top 40 fourth-season quarterfinalists during last night's broadcast of the NBC reality talent competition.
The quarterfinalists were selected at the conclusion of America's Got Talent's "Vegas Verdicts" round in which over 160 acts traveled to Las Vegas after advancing past the show's initial open auditions.
Upon arriving in Vegas, the acts were divided into four groups, with one group getting dismissed immediately and the remaining three groups advancing to a holding area where they waited for America's Got Talent judges David Hasselhoff, Piers Morgan and Sharon Osbourne to determine their fate.
After completing their deliberations, the judges summoned the acts individually or in small groups and revealed whether they had made the season's Top 40 quarterfinals.
Now that the season's Top 40 have been determined, America's Got Talent's fourth-season live performance shows will begin, with the first group of quarterfinals acts performing on Tuesday, August 4 at 9PM ET/PT and then learning their fate on the season's first live results show on Wednesday, August 5 at 9PM ET/PT.
- Acrodunk, a team of basketball dunking entertainers from Houston, TX
- African High Flyers, an acrobatic group from Orlando, FL
- Allzma, a group of singers and musicians from Las Vegas, NV
- Arcadian Broad, a dancer from Orlando, FL
- Barbara Padilla, an opera singer from Houston, TX
- Breaksk8, a group of breakdancing roller skaters from Kokomo, IN
- Bri Bernstein a singer and musician from Las Vegas, NV
- Carol Loo, a dancer from Jersey City, NJ
- Charles DeWayne, a singer and musician from La Verne, CA
- Coney Island Chris, a slideshow performer from Naugatuck, CT
- Dave Johnson, an acoustic comedian from Renton, WA
- Drew Thomas, an illusionist from Orlando, FL
- Eleisha Miller, a singer and pianist from Amarillo, TX
- EriAm, a singing group from Seattle, WA
- Erik and Rickie, a pair of ballroom dancers from Seattle, WA
- Fab 5, a team of power tap dancers from Morgan, UT
- FootworKINGz, a dance ensemble from Chicago, IL
- G-Force, a girl band from Amherst, OH
- Grandma Lee, a comedian from Jacksonville, FL
- Hairo Torres, a breakdancer from Grants Pass, OR
- Ishaara, a Bollywood dance group from Berkeley, CA
- Jeffrey Ou, a pianist from Carrollton, TX
- Kevin Skinner, a singer and guitarist from Mayfield, KY
- Lawrence Beamen, a singer from Walnut Creek, CA
- Manuela Horn, a comedic variety act from Seattle, WA
- Marcus Terrell, a singer from Kansas City, MO
- Mario & Jenny, a comedy variety duo from Las Vegas, NV
- Matt & Anthony, a dancing and musical duo from New York, NY
- Mia Boostrom, a singer and musician from North Dighton, MA
- Mosaic, an a cappella singing group from Las Vegas, NV
- Pam Martin & Viva, a dog variety duo from Garland, TX
- Paradizo Dance, an acrobatic dance group from Brooklyn, NY
- Pixies Mystere, a dance and contortionist group from Cape May, NJ
- Pete Peterkin a celebrity impersonator from Brooklyn, NY
- The Platt Brothers, a variety act from San Diego, CA
- Recycled Percussion, a band from Goffstown, NH
- The Texas Tenors, a singing group from Houston, TX
- Thia Megia, a singer from Tracy, CA
- Tony Hoard, a canine flying disc team from New Castle, IN
- The Voices of Glory, a singing group from Highland, NY
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.