ABC reveals third-season cast of 'The Bachelor' franchise's 'Bachelor Pad' spinoff
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 06/14/2012
ABC has revealed the identities of 14 of the 15 former The Bachelor and The Bachelorette contestants -- seven former The Bachelor bachelorettes and seven former The Bachelorette bachelors -- who will be competing on the third season of Bachelor Pad which will premiere Monday, July 23 at 8PM ET/PT.
In addition, the third season of Bachelor Pad will also feature five "Super Fans" -- including identical twins Brittany Taltos and Erica Taltos, who will be competing as one contestant -- who have been fans of the show and are interested in competing with or against, and possibly dating, the former bachelors and bachelorettes.
Besides the Taltos twins, the remaining four "Super Fans" will be female contestants Paige Vigil and Donna Zitelli along with male participants Chris Bain and David Mallet.
Former fifth-season The Bachelorette star Jillian Harris selected Swiderski over Rosenthal during the show's season finale in 2009, and then Swiderski in turn proposed to Harris.
However shortly after the finale aired in July, two former Swiderski girlfriends came forward and claimed they had been -- unbeknownst to each other -- dating and sleeping with Swiderski before, during and even after the filming of The Bachelorette's fifth season.
Below are the full details on Bachelor Pad's third-season contestants, the women followed by the men, including ABC's description of each.
- Lindzi Cox, a 27-year-old development manager from Bellevue, WA, who previously competed on The Bachelor's sixteenth season.
ABC says, "Lindzi has not been heard from since she was rejected by Ben Flajnik on that fateful day. She was heartbroken and buried herself in work and her passion, horses. But, Lindzi is determined to move on. She does not care for anyone that gossips and is ready to compete for money and love."
- Blakeley Shea, a 34-year-old aesthetician from Charlotte, NC, who previously competed on The Bachelor's sixteenth season.
ABC says, "Last time, Blakeley did not get along with the women in the house. She admits that she probably could have done a better job of making friends, but now she is not here to make friends. Blakeley is here to win all the money."
- Sarah Newlon, a 28-year-old bar manager from St. Louis, MO, who previously competed on The Bachelor's eleventh season.
ABC says, "This girl does not want her 15 minutes of fame to end. She is single and ready to mingle, and eager to get in the mansion to hang out with the hot single men. A friend of Erica Rose, she knows she needs to do anything to stay inBachelor Pad. Sharing the mansion with Reid should also be interesting since Sarah Newlon shared an intimate kiss with Reid while he had a girlfriend."
- Jamie Otis, a 25-year-old registered nurse from New York, NY, who previously competed on The Bachelor's sixteenth season.
ABC says, "The last time we saw Jamie, she had an awkward kiss with Ben before being sent home. Jamie has made a lot of changes since she has been on the show. She was the mother figure to her siblings and when she got home, she realized that her siblings were growing up and can live without her. For once, she is living her life as her own. Jamie also thinks Jaclyn is toxic."
- Erica Rose, a 29-year-old law student from Houston, TX, who previously competed on The Bachelor's ninth season.
ABC says, "Erica was a presence onBachelor Pad 2, speaking the truth and stirring the pot. But after being voted off and sent back home to her parents, she is ready to return and win the money all for herself. She also has a love/hate relationship with Kalon, who is from her hometown."
- Jaclyn Swartz, a 27-year-old account manager from Newton, MA, who previously competed on The Bachelor's sixteenth season.
ABC says, "Jaclyn is super competitive, smart, manipulative but well liked amongst the cast, despite being a self-proclaimed mean girl. This smart-mouthed woman will tell it like it is but still stay on everyone's good side to ensure that she is kept in the house. However, Jaclyn thinks Rachel Truehart wants to be just like her."
- Rachel Truehart, a 27-year-old executive assistant from New York, NY, who previously competed on The Bachelor's sixteenth season.
ABC says, "Rachel narrowly escaped going home on the two-on-one with Blakeley but still remained closed off, which ultimately led to her demise. Now she is back, and finally open to love -- and even more open to taking home a lot of money. However, this could all be challenging since Jaclyn gets really annoyed with Rachel."
- Brittany Taltos and Erica Taltos, 22-year-old students from Gainesville, FL, who will compete as a joint "Super Fan."
ABC says, "These two are the definition of double the trouble and double the fun. They are in it for the money and maybe to find a guy, but nothing serious. Erica has the reputation for being the smarter, more conservative twin. She is still a virgin and has not dated much. Brittany, however, could not be more opposite of Erica. She is the flirtatious, boy-crazy twin. As fans, the twins think Erica is snobby, boring and not pretty."
- Paige Vigil, a 24-year-old jumbotron operator from New York, NY, who will compete as a "Super Fan."
ABC says, "As a dedicated fan of The Bachelor, Paige has preconceived notions of all previous cast members from writing The Bachelor recaps in her college newspaper and admits she will be a bit star-struck. She may look sweet and innocent, but do not underestimate her, because Paige will use her knowledge of the cast to her advantage. Though she will put up a good fight for the money, she ultimately hopes to find the love of her life and settle down."
- Donna Zitelli, a 22-year-old student from Hackensack, NJ, who will compete as a "Super Fan."
ABC says, "This sight for sore eyes is a trifecta of beauty, personality and brains. Donna graduated third in her class and loves drawing and writing songs. She knows people underestimate her intelligence because of her beauty -- little do they know she has no problem playing it up and using her beauty and brains to win the money. Donna would love to go on a date with Michael Stagliano."
- Ryan Hoag, a 32-year-old high school dean and former NFL football player from Minneapolis, MN, who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fourth season.
ABC says, "Ryan is a person who stands strong in his beliefs and is one to let it be known. He did not find love on DeAnna's season and is not going onBachelor Pad to find it either -- he is here for the money. But, he is by far one of the more handsome men in the mansion and will be an object of desire. Could a possible love interest distract him from winning the cash or will he stay focused on the prize?"
- Kalon McMahon, a 27-year-old luxury brand consultant from Houston, TX, who previously competed on The Bachelorette's eighth season.
ABC says, "Kalon was the villain on Emily's season. But at least he was honest. Maybe Kalon is not ready to settle down, but he is ready to dominate those inferior to him. He will charm the women, he will compliment the men and he will go all the way to the end just to keep the money all to himself. Plus, he is frenemies with Erica Rose."
- Nick Peterson, a 27-year-old trainer from Tampa, FL, who previously competed on The Bachelorette's seventh season.
ABC says, "Nick never really made much of an impression on Ashley. He was too reserved and too concerned that he would make a fool of himself. As a result, he never got the chance for love. He finally found his footing at The Men Tell All, and now he is ready to show America and all of 'Bachelor Nation' who he is. And, he is going to use his body to make sure no one votes him off."
- Tony Pieper, a 30-year-old lumber trader from Portland, OR, who previously competed on The Bachelorette's eighth season.
ABC says, "Tony temporarily left his son to be with the one girl he truly believed was meant for him, Emily. After having his heart broken on The Bachelorette, he realized that there is more out there for him and is ready to find his true love."
- Reid Rosenthal, a 33-year-old realtor from Philadelphia, PA, who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fifth season.
ABC says, "Reid is most remembered as coming back to propose to Jillian after she had already rejected him -- only to be rejected all over again. He later found love with his long-term girlfriend of several years, with whom he just recently ended things. Plus, when he was still with his girlfriend, he hooked up with Sarah Newton, who is now living with him in Bachelor Pad. At this point, Reid is unsure what he wants out of life when it comes to career, love, and money and hopes to figure this out in Bachelor Pad."
- Michael Stagliano, a 27-year-old entrepreneur from Sherman Oaks, CA, who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fifth season and Bachelor Pad's second season, which he ultimately won with partner Holly Durst.
ABC says, "Last time Michael came on Bachelor Pad, he got the money. But sadly for him, money cannot buy happiness. Soon after taking the win, he found out that his ex-fiancee, Holly, was engaged to Blake Julian. This time, he is not going to even think about the game or the money. He is just here to meet the girl of his dreams."
- Ed Swiderski, a 33-year-old technology consultant from Chicago, IL, who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fifth season.
ABC says, "Ed won Jillian's love and got down on bended knee, but it did not last. They gave it their all, they have no regrets, but now he is single again. He found love on The Bachelorette, so why could he not find it on Bachelor Pad?"
- Chris Bain, a 28-year-old SWAT Team officer from Canton, GA, who will compete as a "Super Fan."
ABC says, "Chris is an animated, good ole' country boy from Georgia. He thoroughly enjoys rush-kicking in doors, taking down criminals and flashing his tats. He is very similar to a 90's action movie hero in that he wants what every hero wants -- the money and pretty girl on his arm. Chris hopes to leave Bachelor Pad with both."
- David Mallet, a 28-year-old real estate agent and MMA fighter from Hoboken, NJ, who will compete as a "Super Fan."
ABC says, "David is a fan of the show, but an even bigger fan of women and money. As an MMA fighter, David feels right at home being competitive and has earned the name 'Kamikaze' because when he fights, he either wins or dies trying. Bachelor Pad is the perfect arena where he will be able to dominate in both fields. He would like to hook up with Lindzi."
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.