ABC reveals 'The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love' bachelorettes
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/16/2009
ABC has revealed the identities of the 25 bachelorettes competing for Jake Pavelka's heart on The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love, which will premiere on Monday, January 4 at 8PM ET/PT.
The Bachelor's fourteenth season will begin with the 31-year-old commercial pilot from Dallas, TX arriving at the same Malibu mansion where he first met Jillian Harris -- who rejected him duringThe Bachelorette's fifth season earlier this year.
He'll then be introduced to his 25 suitors, including a Rozlyn, "stunning blonde" who is the first woman out of the limousines; Vienna, a "bold" bachelorette who asks to touch his abs; and a Ashleigh, who literally falls right into his arms.
According to ABC, the competition to impress Pavelka only intensifies once the season's initial cocktail reception begins, with Ali confessing a fear of flying, teacher Ashley donning a revealing flight attendant's uniform and steals him away from unsuspecting single mom Ella, and athletic nanny Elizabeth grabbing him for a quick game of touch football -- which then turns into a blondes vs. brunettes, barefoot-in-eveningwear football scrimmage.
However the mood returns to serious when The Bachelor host Chris Harrison arrives and reveals it's time for Pavelka to present one of the woman with the first-impression rose -- which he does after receiving help from Harris and fifth-season The Bachelorette winner Ed Swiderski.
The pressure causes one woman, Michelle, to break down in tears because she felt she didn't get enough time with him.
The premiere will conclude with Pavelka whittling his 25 bachelorettes down to 15 during the season's first Rose Ceremony.
Noticeably absent from the cast is Brittney Gammel. Gammel, a 25-year-old Learjet pilot from Franklin, TN, had conducted an October interview with her local ABC affiliate in which she had claimed to have been selected as a fourteenth-season The Bachelor bachelorette and revealed -- two weeks before ABC formally announced it -- that Pavelka would be the season's star.
The 25 women competing on The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love -- and their ABC-supplied bios -- are:
- Alexa, a 25-year-old entrepreneur from Galloway, OH
- Ali, a 25-year-old advertising account manager from Williamstown, MA
- Ashleigh, a 25-year-old account manager from North Potomac, MD
- Ashley, a 29-year-old teacher from Pittsburgh, PA
- Caitlyn, a 24-year-old spokesmodel from Winfield, IL
- Channy, a 29-year-old mortgage loan officer from Santa Rosa, CA
- Christina, a 25-year-old restaurant manager from San Diego, CA
- Corrie, a 23-year-old wardrobe consultant from Kissimmee, FL
- Elizabeth, a 29-year-old nanny from Imperial, NE
- Elizabeth, a 29-year-old Air National Guard captain from Washington, DC
- Ella, a 30-year-old hair stylist from Lafollette, TN
- Emily, a 23-year-old model from West Chester, OH
- Gia, a 26-year-old swimsuit model from New York, NY
- Jessie, a 25-year-old cosmetic sales manager from Oakville, Ontario
- Kathryn, a 25-year-old corporate flight attendant from Lexington, KY
- Kimberly, a 24-year-old NBA dancer from Norman, OK
- Kirsten, a 25-year-old waitress from Aurora, CO
- Michelle, a 26-year-old office manager from Anaheim, CA
- Rozlyn, a 28-year-old model/makeup artist from Richmond, VA
- Sheila, a 25-year-old commercial pilot from San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Stephanie, a 24-year-old dance teacher from Morris, IL
- Tenley, a 25-year-old college admissions representative from Newberg, OR
- Tiana, a 31-year-old medical technician from Vancouver, British Columbia
- Valishia, a 32-year-old homemaker from Carlsbad, CA
- Vienna, a 23-year-old marketing representative from Sanford, FL
(Photo credit ABC)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.