'The Amazing Race' cast of 22 Racers for Season 29 revealed by CBS
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 03/15/2017
The Amazing Race cast of 22 Racers, who are all complete strangers to one another, has been unveiled by CBS.
The network has revealed the identities of the 22 strangers who will be racing around the world for $1 million when Season 29 premieres in its new date and time of Thursday, March 30 at 10PM ET/PT.
In a brand new twist, all of the Racers are total strangers who will be meeting on the starting line. Before The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan yells, "Go," the Racers must immediately pick a teammate and pair off based on nothing but first impressions. These new pairs of teammates will then have mere moments to learn about their traveling companions.
"For years,The Amazing Race fans have suggested we line up complete strangers and match them up at the starting line to see what would happen. These newbie racers begin with no pre-existing relationships or emotional baggage, and the excitement of traveling around the world to complete dozens of gut-busting, mind-blowing challenges quickly ignites tension," Keoghan said in a statement.
The Amazing Race utilized a similar -- but less extreme -- twist back in Season 26 when half the cast was comprised of single strangers who met for the first time before the first leg. Producers hoped the new couples would gain romantic feelings for one another and begin dating, but in most cases, the plan didn't work out.
The Season 29 cast includes a pro snowboarder, a Wall Street banker, an auctioneer, a college drum major, and more than a handful of people with police or military positions. The teams of Racers will be embarking on a journey that will span nine countries, 17 cities and 36,000 miles.
"The Amazing Race, in scope, is the biggest reality show ever created. It brings people from all walks of life together on a global scale, and traditionally sends teams with established relationships on an adrenaline-packed, exotic adventure. However, this season, we are excited to pair complete strangers and see how they handle the pressure of traveling the world with someone they just met," said The Race co-creator and executive producer Bertram van Munster.
The 11 teams will begin the race in Los Angeles, CA, and head to their first destination, Panama City. Along the route, Racers will be challenged with building and delivering desks and school supplies to children in Tanzania, skydiving in Norway, and bungee jumping 240 feet into the Corinth Canal in Greece. The first team to cross the final finish line will win $1 million and be crowned the winners ofThe Amazing Race.
Below is the list of 22 Racers competing onThe Amazing Race's upcoming edition in no particular order:
- Ashton Theiss, a 25-year-old residential realtor from Fort Worth, TX
- Floyd Pierce, a 21-year-old college drum major from Boulder, CO
- Brooke Camhi, a 36-year-old criminal attorney from New York, NY
- Liz Espey, a 24-year-old auctioneer from Maryville, MO
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Francesca Piccoli, a 33-year-old U.S. Army drill sergeant from St. Plano, TX
- Jennifer Lee, a 25-year-old professional model from Los Angeles, CA
- Jessica Shields, a 28-year-old K-9 police officer from Youngstown, OH
- Joey Covino, a 46-year-old police sergeant from Saugus, MA
- Kevin Ng, a 31-year-old athletic trainer from San Diego, CA
- Logan Bauer, a 27-year-old surgical consultant from Columbus, GA
- London Kaye, a 27-year-old artist from Brooklyn, NY
- Matt Ladley, a 25-year-old pro snowboarder from Denver, CO
- Michael Rado, a 37-year-old butcher from Pittsburgh, PA
- Olive Beauregard, a 24-year-old firefighter from Providence, RI
- Becca Droz, a 26-year-old rock climbing instructor from Boulder, CO
- Redmond Ramos, a 28-year-old former U.S. Navy corpsman from Murrieta, CA
- Sara Fowler, a 27-year-old luxury realtor from St. John, Virgin Islands
- Scott Flanary, a 34-year-old recruiting manager from West Hollywood, CA
- Seth Tyler, a 37-year-old police officer from Seattle, WA
- Shamir Arzeno, a 28-year-old Wall Street banker from Jersey City, NJ
- Tara Carr, a 38-year-old U.S. Army officer from Alexandria, VA
- Vanck Zhu, a 28-year-old Wall Street analyst from New York, NY