Once again hosted by Scott Lasky, The Real Gilligan's Island 2 will feature Team Orange competing versus Team Green, with each team containing two real-life skippers, two first mates, two millionaire couples, two movie stars, two farm girls and two professors. Each episode will feature the teams competing in competitions inspired by the original classic Gilligan's Island sitcom, with the castaways also having to work together in order to get off the island -- and the show's ultimate individual winner getting $250,000.
As in the show's first season casting of Rachel Hunter and Nicole Eggert, the second season's Ginger roles will once again be played by a former supermodel who has previously appeared on a canceled ABC reality series and a former Baywatch babe who also previously appeared on Charles in Charge -- in this case, Angie Everhart and Erika Eleniak. Among the new edition's highlights will be an accident that results in one of the Gingers being rushed to the hospital and a love triangle between a Gilligan, a Mary Ann, and a Professor.
• Angie Everhart is an actress/model/former reality show participant who has graced countless magazine covers, co-starred in The Last Action Hero and Jade, and served as the mole in ABC's Celebrity Mole Yucatan reality series. The 35-year-old's other movie credits include Bordello of Blood and Another 9½ Weeks, while her television roles include the series UC: Undercover, the miniseries First To Die and the television movies Bugs and The Hollywood Mom's Mystery. A native of Akron, Ohio, Angie enjoys horseback riding and extreme sports.
• Erika Eleniak made her big-screen debut as the little girl who kisses Henry Thomas in E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. The 35-year-old's breakout role, however, came in Steven Seagal's Under Siege, which was followed by roles in films including The Beverly Hillbillies, Chasers, Bordello of Blood (the same film in which Angie also appeared), and Girl in a Cadillac. In addition to appearing on Baywatch and Charles in Charge, her television work has also included a recurring role in Brooklyn South. Born in Glendale, CA, Erika currently resides in Calgary, Alberta.
• Shawn Manning is a 24-year-old Quincy, MA, resident who mans the door at a marina nightclub in Boston. Although he's never owned a boat, he has never hesitated taking girls onto his friends' boats and pretending he's the captain. Also employed as a personal assistant to a professional football player, Shawn counts sports as one of his two greatest passions. The other is women.
• Zac Turney is a 24-year-old cabana towel boy for a hotel in St. Petersburg, FL. He considers himself the world's biggest optimist, collects comic books and is a total music junkie. Easygoing and energetic, Zac also has the uncanny ability to climb trees like a monkey.
• Ken Callen is a 47-year-old retired U.S. Navy officer, so he knows his way around a ship. A resident of Chesapeake, VA, he brings to the island a host of survival skills he learned in military training and the Boy Scouts. Ken credits first season Skipper contestant Jim Murray as being one of the major reasons he joined the Navy in the first place.
• "Crazy" Charlie Albert is 50 years old and lives and works in the swamps of Springfield, LA. For the past 25 years, he has been the harbormaster and owner of the Blood River Landing Marina. Charlie has crewed and skippered on three boats from the Panama Canal to Alaska. In his spare time, he enjoys wrestling alligators.
The Millionaires and Their Wives
• Jim and Donna Bounce live in Las Vegas. Jim, age 47, is the president of Millionaire Corporation, which publishes Millionaire and Billionaire magazines, among other enterprises. He also owns two real estate companies. Donna, age 42, is a vice president of an escrow and title company and owner of Bounce Fashions.
• Howard Schur and Melissa Jones are engaged to be married and live, appropriately enough, in Purchase, NY. Howard, age 59, works as a banker and financial consultant and loves to fly his own plane around the country. Melissa, age 33, is a sales director and has a degree in musical theater. Howard likes to take care of everything, and Melissa likes to be taken care of.
• Tiy-E Muhammad is a 35-year-old professor of psychology and human sexuality at the Atlanta University Center. Known as the Love Doctor, he has shared his advice about love and sexuality on numerous television and radio programs and has written two books on relationships. A part-time hair model, Tiy-E has also recently set his sensual spoken poetry to music on the album Ladies in Paradise.
• Andy Schuler is a 40-year-old assistant professor of environmental engineering at Duke University. He received his PhD from the University of California, Berkeley. Andrew specializes in water chemistry and has developed a new method for measuring and removing bacteria from water. He's also a member of the International Water Association. Andrew loves backpacking, rafting and playing the guitar.
The Mary Anns
• Randi Silvers is 23 years old and hails from rural Edwardsville, Kansas (pop. 4,400). She works as a waitress. For fun, she enjoys driving to Kansas City. Randi is also a trained lifeguard and a bikini model. She has three younger brothers, so she's used to watching over a wild bunch with a firm hand.
• Mandy Weaver is 26 years old and currently works as an interior designer. She comes from Nashville, TN, where she spends a lot of time enjoying the outdoors. She is also an accomplished athlete and has taught ballroom dancing. She prides herself on being able to fry just about anything.
The Real Gilligan's Island had marked TBS's third attempt at finding an original hit reality-comedy series of its own following its spring rebranding as television's "very funny" network. Outback Jack, its first attempt, had premiered to 2.1 million viewers in June 2004, while the more campy He's A Lady had debuted to 1.7 million viewers in October 2004.
Previous to TBS's "very funny" rebranding, House Rules, a home renovation competition series, drew dismal ratings during its broadcast as part of the network's Fall 2003 primetime schedule.