Source says 'Simple Life' star Paris Hilton admits making up attack
UPI News Service, 01/03/2006
Socialite Paris Hilton has reportedly admitted making up the story about heiress Zeta Graff attacking her, the New York Post said Tuesday.
Graff filed a $10 million slander suit against the hotel heiress after media reports cropped up claiming she flew into a jealous rage and attacked Hilton at London club last year.
The Post quoted a source "close to the case" saying Hilton has admitted in a deposition that Graff never attacked her.
Furthermore, Hilton's former publicist Ron Shuter said in his deposition that the story he fed to gossip columns came from Hilton, herself.
Shuter had Hilton sign a waiver so she would be liable if he got sued and he also saved her e-mail messages and logged phone calls as well, the Post said.
"Hilton will learn a valuable lesson about what happens when you try to ruin another person's reputation," Graff said in a statement to the Post. "She made a number of false statements about me, and she repeatedly lied under oath during her recent deposition. I look forward to her explaining all of this to a jury."