Sci Fi reveals 'Who Wants To Be A Superhero? 2' cast, bumps debut
By Christopher Rocchio, 06/21/2007
Sci Fi Channel has revealed the identities of the 10 new homegrown heroes who will compete in the second season of Who Wants to be a Superhero?, a comic book-themed reality competition series that searches for America's next great crime-fighter.
In addition, the network has also bumped the show's previously announced premiere back a day. Rather than premiere on July 25 and air on Wednesdays at 9PM ET/PT, Who Wants to be a Superhero?'s second season will now debut on July 26 and air on Thursdays at 9PM ET/PT.
Who Wants to be a Superhero? 2 -- which will feature eight one-hour episodes, a two-episode increase over last year's six-episode first season -- will once again follow legendary comic-book creator Stan Lee's attempt to find a new superhero among a group of contestants who have created an alter ego. During the season, the 10 superhero wannabes will compete in challenges and attempt to outsmart the show's new nemesis -- Dr. Dark, a masked evildoer whose real identity will be revealed during the second-season finale.
The competition's winner will be "immortalized" in a Lee-created comic book from Dark Horse Comics and will also see his or her character turned into an action figure by Shocker Toys.
- Basura, aka Aja De Coudreaux from Oakland, CA, who enlists the help of all bugs everywhere and uses her mystical powers to turn trash into treasures.
- Braid, aka Crystal Clark from Bloomington, IL, who makes herself any age, race, or gender and can turn her hair into crime-busting tentacles.
- The Defuser, aka Jarrett Crippen from Austin, TX, an expert paramilitary superhero who uses non-violent weaponry to stop villains. He has the unique ability to function at 110%.
- Hygena, aka Melody Mooney from Sherman Oaks, CA, who fights crime and grime making weapons from all types of cleaning utensils.
- Hyper-Strike, aka John Stork from Plainfield, VT and Chicago, IL, is a martial arts expert with super strength and agility who can project his life force through his hands.
- Mindset, aka Phillip Allen from Ft. Lauderdale, FL, is a telekinetic time traveler on a mission to end all war. Originally named Omnicron, Mindset is the viewers' choice on the show winning his place by Internet voters earlier this year.
- Mr. Mitzvah, aka "Sir Ivan" Wilzig from Miami, FL and New York City, is a real life Bruce Wayne who lives in a castle, this multi-millionaire's mission under the guise of Mr. Mitzvah is to save the lives of children.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Ms. Limelight, aka Trisha Paytas from Byron, IL and Los Angeles, CA, is a captivating blonde caped-crusader who absorbs the powers of action stars on television and in movies.
- Parthenon, aka Dan Williams from Orlando, Fl, is an archaeologist who gets his mystical powers from an ancient gauntlet he discovered in Greece.
- Whip-Snap, aka Paula Thomas from Dallas, TX and Los Angeles, CA, she has a mastery of the whip and if her bare skin touches a villain that villain is turned into sand.