Report: 'The Bachelor' producers planning all-star edition of the show
By Christopher Rocchio, 09/10/2009
The Bachelor franchise producers are reportedly planning to bring back past contestants for an all-star edition of the ABC reality dating series.
"It's going to be a group dating show, and they will bring back people from the very beginning of the franchise," an "insider" told In Touch Weekly in the magazine's September 21 issue.
The series -- which will follow former contestants vying for each other's affection -- is currently slated to begin filming in January and will launch with a three-day Mexican cruise, according to In Touch.
"It's going to be a bit racier than The Bachelor," the insider told In Touch.
ABC gave The Bachelor an early renewal for the 2009-2010 primetime programming season in April, representing its fourteenth season.
While ABC has never aired an all-star installment of the reality dating series, The Bachelor stars Bob Guiney (Season 4) and Jason Mesnick (Season 13) had each appeared on a prior The Bachelorette edition before their The Bachelor roles and all five The Bachelorette editions have starred a woman who competed on an earlier TheBachelor season.
In addition,The Bachelor's Fall 2004 sixth season also featured two bachelorettes who had previously been rejected from earlier editions -- including eventual winner Mary Delgado, who got engaged to Byron Velvick. Although Velvick and Delgado are still together, they have yet to wed.