- Mike calls himself a "city boy who loves to get down and dirty."
- Mike really wants to learn Mandarin and get into Parkour, a training discipline using movement that developed from military obstacle-course training.
- Mike isn't a fan of heights. In fact, he was terrified Hannah might ask him to go skydiving with her on a date.
- Mike's ex-girlfriend unfortunately suffered a miscarriage while they were together, and The Bachelorettebachelor revealed it broke his heart.
Mike was prepared to propose marriage to the girl but then they lost the baby in the second trimester and their relationship fell apart.
- Mike blamed himself for the failure of that relationship, telling Hannah, "It was my fault because I wasn't there for her at the time. It's just one thing that I could be a better man at."
- The Bachelorettebachelor has dabbled in some modeling, especially in the suit department.
- Mike has a BreatheLife tattoo on his body that reminds him to smile. It also means a variety of other things to the bachelor.
- Mike volunteered for Breast Cancer Awareness in 2011-2012 as well as the Children's Aid Society. He also previously served as a mentor of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America program, according to Hollywood life.
- Mike is definitely a big football fan and roots for the Dallas cowboys.