Lindsey, a 30-year-old internationally-recognized violinist, is paired with Mark Ballas for the season, and the pair have developed amazing chemistry and what appears to be a close friendship.
Lindsey and Mark got off to a strong start on Dancing with the Stars, and they continue to post high judges' scores week to week. Lindsey and Mark have a great chance to go all the way in the competition, as she's got the drive, personality and talent.
Lindsey's professional music career began in September 2012 with the release of her first self-titled debut album. Curious to learn more about this Dancing with the Stars contestant?
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Lindsey Stirling:
- Lindsey was born on September 21, 1986 in Gilbert, AZ. She attended Mesquite High School and was in a rock band at the time called Stomp on Melvin.
- Lindsey is a classically-trained musician and entertainer from Gilbert, AZ, who boasts almost 10 million YouTube subscribers and over 1.9 billion views on her YouTube channel.
- She is a musician and writer! Lindsey released her first book with Simon & Schuster in 2016, a memoir called The Only Pirate at the Party, which she co-wrote with her sister, Brook S. Passey. The book debuted on the New York Times' best-seller list.
- Lindsey competed on Season 5 of America's Got Talent as a hip-hop violinist but was eliminated in the quarterfinals round. She also made a guest appearance on the show during Season 9 to perform her own song "Shatter Me."
- She has won two Billboard Music awards and released three studio albums, with the latest being "Brave Enough," which debuted at No. 5 on Billboard's Top 200 Album Chart and went on to score the No. 1 spot on Billboard's year-end Top Dance/Electronic Album list.
- Lindsey attended Brigham Young University in Provo, UT, to study film making, and she later served as a church missionary in New York City. She eventually graduated from BYU with a Bachelor of Science degree in recreation management.
- Lindsey struggled with anorexia during college for two years, once her interest in counting calories grew into an obsession of unhealthy restrictions. However, through therapy and literary research, she came to realize her self-worth was not connected to what she ate on a daily basis.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Lindsey is lending her likeness to a new comic book series called Sparrow and will be releasing a special Christmas album this month.