Last Comic Standing eliminated Monroe Martin, determining the eighth season's Top 6 finalists during Thursday night's broadcast on NBC.

Monroe, a comic from Philadelphia, PA, who currently resides in Brooklyn, NY, was eliminated from last night's show after he lost the stand-up challenge to his opponent Joe Machi from State College, PA, who currently resides in New York, NY.

The episode began with the 7 remaining finalists competing in their third challenge dubbed "Tram It All In." Each comic was tasked with leading a studio tour at Universal Studios Hollywood. They had to focus on crowd work and improvisation, and the tram audience would determine the winner.

After being mentored by Top 100 comedian and America's Got Talent judge Howie Mandel, Lachlan Patterson from Vancouver, B.C., who currently resides in Venice Beach, CA, was declared the winner of the challenge and therefore received immunity from the season's third head-to-head vote.

The comics then each voted for someone whom they believed they're funnier than. The comic to receive the most votes typically gets to choose whom he or she would like to compete against in the stand-up challenge out of the contestants who cast their votes for him or her. Since Lachlan won the previous challenge, no one could vote for him, however, his vote still counted.

Joe racked in the most votes and chose to face-off against Monroe in this week's stand-up challenge. He opted to compete against Monroe rather than Nikki Carr from Bronx, NY.

It was up to Last Comic Standing judges Roseanne Barr, Keenen Ivory Wayans and Russell Peters to determine the winner of the stand-up challenge. For the first time in the show's history, the judges were deadlocked and couldn't decide who had the better act. As a result, the judges asked to see more from each comedian. Each guy was given two minutes to impress. 

Surprisingly, the judges still couldn't decide whom to advance in the competition. The comics were then asked to tell one more joke in a "sudden death" match. It was clear at that point Joe had won the battle and Monroe was sent home.