Kym, a 40-year-old Australian professional ballroom dancer, will be paired with pro wrestler Mr. T for Dancing with the Stars' upcoming 24th season, which premieres Monday, March 20.
The blonde beauty joined Dancing with the Stars in Season 3 and won the show twice, in Season 9 with Donny Osmond and Season 12 with Hines Ward. She took a break from Seasons 17-19, and then placed sixth with her now-husband and Shark Tank star Robert Herjavec in Season 20. Kym also took Seasons 21-23 off.
Kym began ballroom dancing at the age of 13. Curious to learn more about her since Dancing with the Stars is returning to ABC soon?
Below is a list of 5 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Kym Johnson:
- Kym was born on August 4, 1976 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- Kym appeared on the first three seasons of the Australian version of Dancing with the Stars as a pro partner before moving to the U.S. version of the franchise in 2006.
- She previously danced in Burn the Floor, a touring ballroom dance production, performed at Elton John's 50th birthday party, and participated in the film Strictly Ballroom.
- Kym recently released a fitness DVD, 5678 Fitness, and a book entitled The 5678 Diet: The 14-Day Plan for Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss.
- Before marrying Robert in July 2016 in Los Angeles -- and taking his last name -- Kym was previously engaged to Australian cricket player Shane Watson.