Debbie is a 47-year-old singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress, best known for her hits in the 1980s.
Debbie is partnered with Alan Bersten, a new pro dancer this season onDancing with the Stars. In the show's premiere, the couple claimed tenth place on the judges' leaderboard after receiving 17 out of 30 points for their foxtrot routine.
Debbie has a great personality and Dancing with the Stars marks her comeback to the spotlight. Curious to learn more about her?
Below is a list of 5 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Debbie Gibson:
- Debbie exploded on the Billboard Pop Charts at age 16 with the self-penned "Only in My Dreams."
- In 2012, Debbie raised more than $50,000 for Children International on The Celebrity Apprentice. She also served as a celebrity judge on ABC's Sing Your Face Off reality series in 2014.
- She became the youngest artist ever to write, produce and perform a No. 1 hit song, "Foolish Beat," and she therefore entered the Guinness Book of World Records.
To date, she is still the youngest female to hold that record.
- Debbie was in hiding prior to her Dancing with theStars debut due to health challenges and dealing with Lyme disease. She thought the show would be a big and bold way to get herself out there again.
- The DWTS contestant loves musical theater. She starred in 17 musicals in 17 years and made her mark in the Broadway production of Les Miserables as Eponine.
Debbie also starred in musicals such as Grease, Funny Girl, Cinderella, Cabaret, and Beauty and the Beast.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!