While the cast has yet to be officially announced by ABC and filming reportedly just began this past weekend, Reality Steve spoiler blogger Steve Carbone has disclosed the identities of the bachelors and bachelorettes who will either start out the show as members of its original lineup or arrive at the filming resort later.
According to Carbone, Bachelor in Paradise returned to its usual Mexican resort again and will film for the next three weeks with an ever-evolving cast.
However, due to ABC's decision to not film a 2020 season of Bachelor in Paradise due to the coronavirus pandemic, producers have four new groups of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette cast members to select from for the new Paradise season versus the usual two new groups.
Viewers will therefore see familiar faces from Peter Weber and Matt James' The Bachelor season as well as from Clare Crawley and Tayshia Adams' edition. Producers have also cast men from Katie Thurston's The Bachelorette season, but those guys will be kept under wraps until her finale airs later this summer.
"So what I'm going to give you here are a list of names you can expect to see down in Paradise this season. Some are already there, some are definitely original cast, some are on their way down there, and some haven't left yet but you can expect to be down there," Carbone wrote in a June 8 blog posting.
Carbone pointed out, however, he is not providing the full list of Bachelor in Paradise cast members.
"These are just the ones that I've heard will be on at some point... Also remember, it's possible people are flown down to Mexico and then never make it on the show. So until someone walks onto that beach while cameras are rolling, that's the only 100 percent confirmation of being on Paradise," Carbone explained.
And finally, Carbone released the name of one guy from Katie's currently-airing The Bachelorette season who decided to give Bachelor in Paradise a shot.
Although Katie hit it off with him on Night 1, she apparently eliminated "Connor the Cat" at some point and he'll be onBachelor in Paradise this summer.
Connor Brennan, a 29-year-old math teacher and musician from Nashville, TN, showed up to the first cocktail party dressed like a cat, but Katie loved it! He scored one of the first kisses of the season and received a rose at the end of the night.
Carbone said Connor is already in Mexico, which probably means he's a member of the original cast.
"There will definitely be others from Katie's season who will be on Paradise," Carbone wrote in his blog. "Some I'm sure are already there right now and in original cast. I just haven't confirmed anyone yet outside of Connor."
Chris, who has hosted The Bachelor franchise since its 2002 premiere, has reached a mid-range eight-figure settlement with ABC to exit The Bachelor franchise for good, Deadline reported earlier in the day.
Several sources told E! News in April that "many" The Bachelor and The Bachelorette alums from seasons past were "apprehensive" about signing up for Bachelor in Paradise 7 or even declined their invitations in the wake of Chris' racism controversy.
One insider told the website at the time, "A lot of people are removing themselves from the franchise."
Chris announced in February he'd be "stepping aside" from his hosting duties with The Bachelor franchise "for a period of time" to educate himself on racism in society in a "profound" and "productive" manner after he made offensive remarks in an early-February Extra interview with The Bachelorette's first Black leading lady, Rachel Lindsay.
In the Extra interview, Chris had defendedThe Bachelor Season 25 contestant Rachael Kirkconnell's racially-ignorant and racially-insensitive actions in the last several years and adopted a dismissive attitude towards photos of Rachael that resurfaced from an antebellum-plantation themed "Old South" fraternity party at Georgia College & State University in 2018.
Chris had called for "grace" and "compassion" for Rachael and also criticized the "woke police" and the "unbelievably alarming" response of anger and frustration to the young woman's actions.
Chris subsequently issued three apologies for his offense, two on Instagram and one verbal apology during a March appearance on Good Morning America.
On GMA at the time, Chris said he hoped to come back to The Bachelor franchise, explaining, "This is a franchise that has been a part of my life for the better part of 20 years and I love it. I plan to be back and I want to be back."