Artem is a 34-year-old 5'10" dancer and choreographer from Izhevsk, Russia, who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA.
Artem served as a member of the Dancing with the Stars Troupe before appearing as a professional partner for the first time on Season 19, when he placed sixth. Last season, he finished in seventh place with Nancy Kerrigan, and he has unfortunately never won a mirrorball trophy.
For this season, Artem is partnered with Total Divas star and WWE wrestler Nikki Bella. Nikki has surprised fans with her graceful stage presence and natural dance ability, and she has a lot of determination to succeed on the show. Add in her chemistry with Artem, and this pair has what it takes to go far in the competition.
- Artem auditioned to compete on Season 1 of So You Think You Can Dance but was eliminated along with contestant Melissa Vella. He returned as a guest choreographer on the show's second edition.
- He was married to Giselle Peacock from 2004 to 2005. After their split, Artem dated Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba for a couple years and then actress Kara Tointon from 2010 to 2014. According to multiple reports, Artem just recently split from actress and model Torrey DeVitto in May 2017 after about a year of dating.
- Artem appeared in the music video "Hush Hush" for The Pussycat Dolls, dancing alongside Nicole Scherzinger.
- He joined the cast of Strictly Come Dancing's eighth season in 2010 and won the show along with his celebrity partner Kara Tointon.
- The dancer has landed a couple of acting roles on TV show The O.C. and film I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.
- Artem really enjoys fishing, cooking, watching hockey, the outdoors, and riding motorcycles.