Mark is a 31-year-old dancer, choreographer, singer and songwriter, musician, and actor.
Mark joined Dancing with the Stars for Season 5 back in 2007 and competed on every single season leading up to Season 23. He's a two-time mirrorball trophy champion but hasn't won a title since 2009 with his then-celebrity partner Shawn Johnson.
For this season, Mark is partnered with internationally-recognized violinist Lindsey Stirling, and the pair is a match made in heaven with their love of dance and music, not to mention their quirky styles and personalities. The couple consistently receives high scores from the judges, so if they keep it up, Mark and Lindsey may eventually find themselves in the finale.
Below is a list of 6 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Mark Ballas:
- Mark married his bandmate Brittany Jean Carlson, better known as BC Jean, in late November 2016 in front of about 160 guests at a venue north of Los Angeles. They got engaged one day before Thanksgiving in 2015, although Mark and BC Jean didn't confirm the news until two months later.
- He doesn't think he can cook at all, and pizza is his guilty pleasure. His favorite sport to watch while eating pizza? Soccer.
- Mark was born in Houston, TX, on May 24, 1986 to Corky Ballas and Shirley Ballas but grew up in London. He's been playing guitar since he was 10-years-old.
- The DWTS pro attended Rosemead Preparatory School in South London, but at the young age of 11, he earned a full scholarship to attend the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London.
- Mark says he's terrified of bees and wasps. And when he was six-years-old, he almost fell five stories over an escalator at a mall.