The Bachelor bachelorette was attempting to get back together with ex-husband Jason Vena, whom she had divorced about a year ago, ending their five-year marriage, just weeks before the show began to film, Life & Style reported in its February 7 issue.
"Right before she left to film the show, she told Jason she wouldn't go on The Bachelor if he took her back," a source told Life & Style.
O'Brien and Vena, who had been together a total of 10 years, reportedly divorced because she felt their relationship had lost its spark, but she regretted her decision to split from him soon after.
"She knew she'd made a mistake," the source said.
However, Vena was apparently over the bachelorette, as he was dating another woman named Tawny and refused O'Brien's "desperate" attempts to rekindle their relationship, according to Life & Style.
"Chantal begged and pleaded and cried. Jason was in a lot of pain over it, but at the end of the day he said no," the source explained.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.