Rachel, a 31-year-old attorney from Dallas, TX, was still competing for Nick Viall's heart on The Bachelor's currently-airing 21st season when ABC decided to prematurely announce its decision to cast her as the franchise's leading lady for Season 13 on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last month.
Nick wrote on Instagram that saying goodbye to the strong yet warm bachelorette was "one of the most heartbreaking moments of my life."
But now Rachel will have her own pool of suitors to choose from, and she's making history since she's the first-ever black Bachelorette. (There hasn't even been an African-American Bachelor cast in 21 seasons of the reality dating series).
Hopefully Rachel will find what she's been looking for, a husband. Until then, let's learn more about the beautiful Bachelorette.
Below is a list of 10 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Rachel Lindsay:
- Rachel isn't ashamed to say she loves listening to 90s country music and Justin Bieber.
- Rachel earned her Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, Sport Management from The University of Texas at Austin in 2007.
- If she could be someone else for just one day, that person would be Michelle Obama.
- Rachel got her law degree from Marquette University Law School in 2011.
- The bachelorette has a serious fear of animals that fly, like birds and grasshoppers.
- The bachelorette is a true Dallas Cowboys football fan through the good and the bad.
- Rachel currently works as an attorney at Cooper and Scully, P.C.
- Rachel is most afraid of missing out on her chance at finding love.
- Her favorite artist is Jean-Michel Basquiat. She called him "so mysterious" and feels the world missed out on amazing art due to his death at a young age.
- Rachel has a younger sister who could pass for her twin, a precious baby nephew, and loving parents. She's a daddy's girl, and her father is a federal judge.