Mark Jansen -- 10 things to know about the 'Big Brother' Season 19 houseguest
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 08/23/2017
Mark Jansen has been a target in theBig Brother house for weeks now, but he keeps finding ways to save himself.
Mark is a 26-year-old personal trainer from Grand Island, NY. He started off playing an under-the-radar game, but once people started viewing him as untrustworthy and a threat, Mark put his game face on.
Mark has repeatedly sat on the chopping block, but he manages to win Power of Veto competitions and Temptation Competitions when necessary for survival. Under Christmas Abbott's Head of Household reign, Jason Dent and Matt Clines are currently nominated for eviction; however, she plans to backdoor Mark.
Will Mark be randomly selected to play in the next Power of Veto competition and win it? Does he have any chance of staying if he doesn't win the veto? Since Cody Nickson, Jessica Graf and Elena Davies were all eliminated from the game in recent weeks, things aren't looking too good for Mark.
Below is a list of 10 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Mark Jansen:
- Mark is a bodybuilder who studied abroad and went to an NFL regional combine.
- Mark weighed between 330-340 pounds after college, but because he always wanted to be in the fitness industry, he lost over 100 pounds and then got into bodybuilding. People started asking him how he achieved such weight-loss success, and once he started helping others, he became a personal trainer.
- The Big Brother houseguest predicted the ladies would be his downfall on Season 19, plus the fact he's incredibly honest.
- Mark lost his father at a young age and was raised by his single mother, who died when he was only 17-years-old. If he wins the $500,000 grand prize, he plans to start a foundation to help single moms or children with deceased parents.
- The personal trainer adores his grandparents and enjoys playing chess. While in the Big Brother house, he said he'll miss bowling with his grandpa.
- Mark played Division 1 football for one year at the University of Buffalo, where he graduated from and received his college degree.
- Mark says three adjectives that describe himself are fun, strong and thoughtful.
- The Big Brother houseguest enjoys lifting weights, hiking, watching movies, and relaxing on a beach.
- Mark's favorite Big Brother player of all time is Brendon Villegas from Seasons 12 and 13 because he basically said it was "me and my girl" against the house, and he was ready for that challenge.
- Three items Mark wouldn't want to live without are a pair of Jordan sneakers, protein because he says you can never have too much of it, and his iPod because he loves listening to music.