Mark is a 31-year-old handsome and quirky dancer, choreographer, singer and songwriter, musician, and actor.
Mark made his Dancing with the Stars debut a decade ago for Season 5, and he's been a fan-favorite for quite some time. Mark participated in every season right up until Season 23, when he took a break.
Mark is a two-time mirrorball trophy champion, but he hasn't won a title since 2009 with his then-celebrity partner Shawn Johnson.
For Season 25, Mark definitely has a chance to be victorious again with his talented partner Lindsey Stirling, an internationally-recognized violinist.
The pair have topped the judges' leaderboard and delivered a couple of performances fans will never forget, but Lindsey is working through a painful rib injury. Will Mark and Lindsey survive the semifinals? We'll see, but until then, here is some information about Mark.
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Mark Ballas:
- Mark took a two-season hiatus from Dancing with the Stars for Seasons 23 and 24 to star as Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys on Broadway, which came to a close in January 2017 after a historic 11-year run.
- He doesn't think he can cook at all, and pizza is his guilty pleasure. His favorite sport to watch while eating pizza? Soccer.
- Mark married his bandmate Brittany Jean Carlson, better known as BC Jean, in late November 2016 in front of about 160 guests at a venue north of Los Angeles.
They got engaged one day before Thanksgiving in 2015, although Mark and BC Jean didn't confirm the news until two months later.
- Mark was born in Houston, TX, on May 24, 1986 to Corky Ballas and Shirley Ballas but grew up in London. He's been playing guitar since he was 10-years-old.
- The DWTS pro attended Rosemead Preparatory School in South London, but at the young age of 11, he earned a full scholarship to attend the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London.
- Mark says he's terrified of bees and wasps. And when he was six-years-old, he almost fell five stories over an escalator at a mall.