Lindsey is a 30-year-old internationally-recognized violinist with incredible dance ability. She is partnered with fan-favorite pro Mark Ballas for Dancing with the Stars' 25th season, and they have a great chemistry onstage and behind-the-scenes.
Lindsey and Mark easily top the judges' leaderboard week to week with their skills and creative choreography, but the rest of their journey on the show may be an uphill battle since Lindsey recently suffered a very painful rib injury during rehearsals.
She was able to dance for the "Halloween Night" episode, but will Lindsey be able to power through more intense weeks to come if her fans vote her through?
Below is a list of 10 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Lindsey Stirling:
- Lindsey was born on September 21, 1986 in Gilbert, AZ. She attended Mesquite High School and was in a rock band at the time called Stomp on Melvin.
- Lindsey is a classically-trained musician and entertainer from Gilbert, AZ, who boasts almost 10 million YouTube subscribers and over 1.9 billion views on her YouTube channel.
- She is a writer too! Lindsey released her first book with Simon & Schuster in 2016, a memoir called The Only Pirate at the Party, which she co-wrote with her sister Brook S. Passey. The book debuted on the New York Times' best-seller list.
- Lindsey competed on Season 5 of America's Got Talent as a hip-hop violinist but was eliminated in the quarterfinals round.
She also made a guest appearance on the show during Season 9 to perform her own song "Shatter Me."
- She has won two Billboard Music awards and released four studio albums, with the latest -- non-holiday album -- being "Brave Enough," which debuted at No. 5 on Billboard's Top 200 Album Chart and went on to score the No. 1 spot on Billboard's year-end Top Dance/Electronic Album list.
- Lindsey attended Brigham Young University in Provo, UT, to study film making, and she later served as a church missionary in New York City.
She eventually graduated from BYU with a Bachelor of Science degree in recreation management.
- Lindsey struggled with anorexia during college for two years, once her interest in counting calories grew into an obsession of unhealthy restrictions.
However, through therapy and literary research, she came to realize her self-worth was not connected to what she ate on a daily basis.
- Lindsey is lending her likeness to a new comic book series called Sparrow, which is being published in November 2017. One month prior, her holiday album Warmer in the Winter was released.
- The artists who have influenced Lindsey's music the most are Amy Lee from Evanescence, Skrillex, and Paramore -- especially its lead singer Hayley Williams. Lindsey also admires Pink as a performer.
- One of Lindsey's favorite quotes is from Lucille Ball, one of her idols: "I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done."
Lindsey has lived by that motto, being unafraid to jump into something new and take a leap of faith.