"[It's] a total fabrication," Jon toldThe Insider after the Jon & Kate Plus 8 matriarch's lawyers filed court papers seeking to have the funds returned and Jon sanctioned on Monday morning.
"[I] withdrew $22,000 last Thursday," he said, adding that he has "the paper trail to prove it."
"I've never taken any money out because over 10 years, Kate handled all the banking," he said.
"Over the past four years of doing the show, we accrued $2,250,000. She says in the past week I took $230,000. I have withdrawn roughly $177,000 over the course of a year, which is less than 10 percent of what we made. That's like my paycheck," Jon said, echoing his lawyer's previous statement about his withdrawals from the account, which an arbitrator had ordered both parties not to withdraw from without the other's consent.
While an initial unsourced Radar Online report had claimed that Jon had withdrawn "several hundred thousand dollars" from the account late last week, Kate did not actually allege he withdrew $230,000 in the past week during her Monday morning appearance on Today.
"I have the accounting over the last few months and it's exactly $230,000 beginning on August 10 and his last withdrawal was September 29," she said.
In addition, Jon is also objecting to Kate's claims that the alleged withdrawals have left her with no money to pay the family's bills.
"She's hiding money," he told The Insider. "We have 11 bank accounts. That was just our joint account. She had a best-selling book. Where's that million dollars?"
"I believe she's incriminating herself and not thinking clearly. She's wanting me to look bad," he added.
(Photo credit TLC)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.