GSN's 'American Dream Derby' reality horse racing series to premiere January 10
By Reality TV World staff, 01/07/2005
GSN's American Dream Derby, the first reality series focused on thoroughbred horse racing, will premiere on Monday, January 10 at 9PM ET/PT with back-to-back one-hour episode broadcasts.
An eight-episode series, American Dream Derby will feature twelve contestants experiencing the thoroughbred horse racing industry in a competition set at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California. During the competition, the contestants will experience everything from the daily chores of life in the stables, training and caring for the animals, to living the high life of an owner in a nearby mansion.
Utilizing a stable of 15 thoroughbred horses, the contestants will attempt to win $250,000 and a stable of eight thoroughbreds, culminating with American Dream Derby's live race event on February 21.
• Chris Black, a pharmaceutical sales rep from Euless, TX
• Susan Bosso, a hotel sales manager from Ocala, FL
• Eric Childers, a student from Springfield, MO
• Tara Clark, a ranch owner and stunt woman from Pioche, NV
• Aaron Coen, a student from Newark, DE
• David Malatesta, a graphic artist from Los Angeles, CA
• Deanna Manfredi, a marketing consultant from Philadelphia, PA
• Dean Pellegrin, a pharmacist from Houma, LA
• Jewel Savage, a correctional officer from Baltimore, MD
• Sara Slavin, a model from West Milford, NJ
• LeVar Thomas, a music producer/artist from Bronx, NY
• Tara Walden, a message therapist from Los Angeles, CA
LeAnn Rimes, the country music star who will be hosting USA Network's upcoming third Nashville Star edition, will sing American Dream Derby's "You Take Me Home" theme song, make a special guest appearance in its premiere episode, and also perform live as part of the two-hour finale episode.
Steve Santagati, who hosted Fox's underrated Looking for Love: Bachelorettes in Alaska series in 2002, will serve as American Dream Derby's host.
American Dream Derby is a Stone & Company Entertainment production. Scott A. Stone, Sharon Levy, Anthony Ross and Kathy Sutula serve as executive producers.