Food Network reveals 'The Next Iron Chef' cast, to premiere October 4
By Christopher Rocchio, 07/30/2009
Food Network has revealed the identities of the 10 culinary contestants competing on The Next Iron Chef's second season, which will premiere Sunday, October 4 at 9PM ET/PT.
The Next Iron Chef's second season will follow a similar format to its Fall 2007 first season, as the 10 professional chefs will compete in a series of challenges that will have them creating dishes that represent a variety of world cultures and cuisines.
The contestants' creations will be judged by restaurateur Donatella Arpaia, food critic Jeffrey Steingarten and food consultant Anya Fernald -- who will narrow the filed down to two chefs who will then do battle in Kitchen Stadium and earn the right to be called "Iron Chef."
"It's thrilling to see what these 10 top chefs can create when pushed to their limits in this series," said Food Network executive Bob Tuschman. "These world class chefs display extraordinary culinary skills and creativity as they battle it out for the supreme title of 'Iron Chef.'"
Iron Chef America commentator and Food Network personality Alton Brown will reprise his The Next Iron Chef hosting role for the show's second season.
- Nate Appleman, a chef and butcher from New York, NY
- Dominique Crenn, a chef de cuisine at Luce at InterContinental San Francisco from San Francisco, CA
- Brad Farmerie, an executive chef at Double Crown, Madam Geneva, PUBLIC and The Monday Room from New York, NY
- Amanda Freitag, an executive chef at The Harrison from New York, NY
- Jose Garces, an executive chef and owner of Amada, Tinto, Distrito and Chifa from Philadelphia, PA
- Eric Greenspan, the executive chef and owner at The Foundry on Melrose from Los Angeles, CA
- Jehangir Mehta, the executive chef and owner of Graffiti from New York, NY
- Seamus Mullen, an executive chef and partner at Boqueria Flatiron and Boqueria Soho from New York, NY
- Holly Smith, a chef and the owner of Cafe Juanita and Poco Carretto Gelato from Kirkland, WA
- Roberto Trevino, an executive chef and owner of Budatai from San Juan, PR
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.