Cristina Santana: It was my time to exit 'So You Think You Can Dance'
By Christopher Rocchio, 06/25/2010
Cristina Santana was hopeful she'd survive to dance another day after landing in So You Think You Can Dance's bottom three for the second consecutive week, however she understands it wasn't meant to be.
"I kind of thought that I would be able to stay for a couple more weeks. But I guess this was my time to go. I'm happy with that," she told Reality TV World during a Friday conference call.
"I think I did everything I could. I would have loved to just stay and show America and the people that I can do even more. But I'm just very, very happy with what I have done on the show. I'm going home very, very happy and proud of myself."
The 24-year-old salsa dancer from San Diego, CA became the second finalist eliminated from So Yo Think You Can Dance's seventh season during last night's live broadcast of the Fox reality competition series.
"Things happen for a reason," she told reporters during the conference call. "That's the way it is."
Santana and all-star partner Pasha Kovalev performed a Paso Doble choreographed by Jean-Marc Genereux and France Mousseau during Wednesday night's broadcast, and all of the judges complimented the couple for their routine.
"I was kind of impressed with myself," she told reporters with a laugh. "I really liked the routine and the choreography. It was amazing."
In addition, Santana said working with Kovalev helped her performance.
"It was a great experience having a professional dancer help you through practice and just give you this confidence," she explained. "It was a really great experience and I would never change it. I'm glad I got him for my last dance."
Overall, Santana said she's a fan of So You Think You Can Dance's new seventh-season format that has the finalists performing with all-stars.
"There for us, to support us, to help us through the choreography every week," she said. "They have the experience before so they know how it's like to be on the show. So I think it's a good balance for the show to have the all-stars."
Santana was the second consecutive female finalist to be eliminated from the competition after the judges' cut Alexie Agdeppa last week -- making the Top 9 very male-heavy.
"It's really tough because I think the guys in the competition are very strong," said Santana. "Now that they have only three girls, it's going to be harder. It's going to be interesting."
"There are still three on the show, so anything can happen," she said. "It's going to be a tough decision for America to vote and the judges to decide."
As for what's next, Santana said she's going to continue honing her craft.
"I'm just going to keep on working, more dancing and going back to school," she told reporters.
(Photo credit Fox)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.