CBS reveals the identities of 'Big Brother' tenth-season houseguests
By Christopher Rocchio, 07/08/2008
CBS has revealed the identities of the 13 houseguests who will be competing onBig Brother's tenth season, which will premiere Sunday, July 13 at 8PM ET/PT.
"There's somebody for everyone in this cast," Big Brother executive producer Allison Grodner told The Associated Press in a Tuesday report. "It's going to be interesting to see people that come from such opposite worlds living together, which has always been a part of this show, but this season, we really do have our most diverse group ever."
Big Brother 10's cast consists of six females and seven males who range in age from 22- to 75-years-old and hail from Rhode Island to California and various locations in between. They also appear to have a wide spectrum of occupations, from a gay rodeo competitor and a Hooters girl to a Catholic high school teacher and a former Marine.
In addition, the 13 tenth-season houseguests are all strangers -- representing the first time that has happened since Big Brother's Summer 2002 third season.
"When approaching this season, we wanted to look at what made this spark and last for 10 seasons," Grodner told The AP. "Every season had its unique twist. I think, in a way, going back to basics and having the cast be all strangers is part of the twist of 10. Of course, there will be more."
Grodner played coy about what the additional twist or twists would entail, but reiterated a previous comment that one will play itself out before the debut broadcast.
"It's really a power-play," Grodner told The AP. "The game will actually start before they enter the house."
CBS has also redecorated Big Brother's two-story house to reflect the diverse age range of the tenth-season's cast -- as its rooms will be themed to different decades, such as the kitchen resembling a 1950s-style diner and a bedroom featuring 1970s-inspired furnishings, according to The AP.
Following its July 13 debut, Big Brother will move into its regular thrice-weekly broadcast schedule -- with Tuesday night episodes airing at 9PM ET/PT beginning July 15 and Wednesday night episodes airing at 8PM ET/PT beginning the next night and serving as the tenth-season's live eviction show. Julie Chen will reprise her hosting role.
- Dan Gheesling, a single 24-year-old Catholic high school teacher from Dearborn, MI
- Jessie Godderz, a single 22-year-old bodybuilder from Huntington Beach, CA
- Brian Hart, a single 27-year-old telecommunication account manager from San Francisco, CA
- Jerry MacDonald, a married 75-year-old former Marine and retired marketing executive from Magnolia, TX
- Renny Martyn, a married 53-year-old hair salon owner from Metairie, LA
- Bryan Ollie, a single 27-year-old marketing sales representative from Bloomington, MN
- Keesha Smith, a single 29-year-old Hooters waitress from Burbank, CA
- Angie Swindell, a single 29-year-old pharmaceutical sales representative from Orlando, FL
- Libra Thompson, a married 31-year-old human resources representative and mother of three from Spring, TX
(Photo credit Cliff Lipson/CBS)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.