CBS reveals 8 'Big Brother 13' houseguests, return of 'notorious duos'
By Reality TV World staff, 06/30/2011
CBS has revealed the identities of the eight new houseguests competing on Big Brother's thirteenth season and announced the cast will also include the returns of "some of the most notorious duos from past seasons."
The network is keeping the identities and number of returning "Duos" under wraps until Big Brother's new season, once again hosted by Julie Chen, premieres on Thursday, July 7 at 9PM ET/PT.
However, the cast seems likely to include only three pairs of all-star houseguests given CBS-released photos of the Big Brother house's new interior show 14 slots on the photo wall which traditionally displays headshots of each houseguest.
The Big Brother house has received a Venice Beach loft-inspired makeover for the thirteenth season and will include a Frank Gehry-inspired bedroom, wall-mounted classic surfboards, an eye-catching wall of graffiti, a tarot card parlour, an indoor chess park, and a "popsicle room."
In addition to the inclusion of prior seasons' houseguests -- which CBS is billing as a "Double Trouble" twist --Big Brother's thirteenth season will also include the return of the "Have/Have Not Room," where luxury and comfort are non-existent and several unlucky houseguests will be banished each week.
After its July 7 debut, Big Brother will settle into its normal thrice-weekly broadcast schedule -- with Sunday night episodes airing at 8PM ET/PT beginning July 10 and Wednesday night episodes airing at 8PM ET/PT beginning July 13.
Similar to previous Big Brother seasons, the Thursday episodes will also serve as the thirteenth season's live eviction shows beginning with the July 14 broadcast.
Big Brother's eight new thirteenth-season houseguests are:
- Kalia Booker, a 30-year-old writer from Philadelphia, PA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Porsche Briggs, a 23-year-old VIP Cocktail Waitress from Fort Lauderdale, FL who currently resides in Miami Beach, FL
- Dominic Briones, a 25-year-old student from San Mateo, CA
- Cassi Colvin, a 26-year-old model from Allen, TX who currently resides in Nashville, TN
- Lawon Exum, a 39-year-old legal file clerk from Urbana, IL who currently resides in Inglewood, CA
- Keith Henderson, a 32-year-old human resources manager from Bolingbrook, IL
- Shelly Moore, a 41-year-old outdoors industry executive from Centerville, OH who currently resides in Prairieville, LA
- Adam Poch, a 39-year-old music industry manager from East Brunswick, NJ who currently resides in Hoboken, NJ
Big Brother is executive produced by Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan in association with the show's Endemol USA production company.