Bravo reveals the cast of 'Top Design,' series to premiere January 31
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/08/2006
Bravo announced the identities of the 12 aspiring interior designers who will compete on Top Design, the network's new Project Runway and Top Chef-like interior design reality competition series. The ten-episode series will premiere on Wednesday, January 31 at 11PM ET/PT -- immediately after Top Chef 2's finale -- before moving into Top Chef's Wednesdays at 10PM ET/PT time period beginning February 7.
"Bravo has successfully brought spirited competition to both the fashion and food industries," Bravo president Lauren Zalaznick stated in the network's announcement. "Now our passionate viewers will be rewarded each week when they watch what happens as the creativity and drama unfold through each pressure-filled design challenge."
Top Design's cast features contestants from varying backgrounds, including interior designers, artists and architects. While most of the show's action will take place at the Pacific Design Center -- a "designer's paradise" that serves the needs of the design, entertainment and arts communities -- the contestants will spend their non-challenge time living in a decked-out West Hollywood studio loft.
Similar to Top Chef, Top Design's winner will receive a $100,000 grand prize from LendingTree, a brand new 2007 Acadia vehicle from GMC, an editorial feature in Elle Decor Magazine, and the chance to showcase their design skills at Elle Decor's Dining By Design in New York City, an event where designers, celebrities, and the fashion world convene for "a night of style, drama, excitement, and spirited collaboration."
Designer Todd Oldham will host the series. Top Design's contestants will be judged by designer Jonathan Adler, editor-in-chief of Elle Decor Magazine Margaret Russell and interior designer Kelly Wearstler.
The 12 contestants who will be competing on Top Design are:
- Michael Adams, a 23-year-old from Athol, MA
- Goil Amornvivat, a 33-year-old from Bangkok, Thailand
- Heather Ashton, a 36-year-old from Gainesville, FL
- Felicia Bushman, a 38-year-old from Los Angeles, CA
- John Gray, a 39-year-old from CChicago, IL
- Ryan Humphrey, a 35-year-old from Ashtabula, OH
- Andrea Keller, a 36-year-old from Los Angeles, CA
- Erik Kolacz, a 28-year-old from South Bend, IN
- Matt Lorenz, a 32-year-old from Comfrey, MN
- Elizabeth Moore, a 48-year-old from Los Angeles, CA
- Carisa Perez-Fuentes, a 26-year-old from Highland Park, NJ
- Lisa Turner, a 48-year-old from Los Angeles, CA
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.