Bravo to premiere new 'The Fashion Show' series on May 7, reveals cast
By John Bracchitta, 04/01/2009
Bravo has announced it will premiere The Fashion Show, its new Project Runway knockoff, on Thursday, May 7 at 10PM ET/PT and revealed the identities of the fifteen designers who will compete on the new series.
Bravo's The Fashion Showannouncement comes -- presumably intentionally -- on the same day that the network's NBC Universal parent company has announced that it has settled its lawsuit against Project's Runway's The Weinstein Company production company and the show's sixth season will debut on Lifetime this summer.
Each episode of The Fashion Show, which Bravo first announced in October, will feature the designers facing off in two challenges: an elimination challenge and a "mini challenge" which will be judged by Harper's Bazaar magazine special projects director Laura Brown.
The Fashion Show will be hosted by designer Isaac Mizrahi and four-time Grammy Award-winning performer and actress Kelly Rowland, who will also serve as judges alongside IMG Fashion executive and New York Fashion Week founder Fern Mallis.
Unlike Project Runway, home viewers will get to determine The Fashion Show's winner. In addition to a $125,000 prize similar to Runway's $100,000 prize, The Fashion Show's winner will also get to release a clothing line that will be available for retail purchase (something Runway winners have typically used their $100,000 prize to help accomplish on their own).
The Fashion Show is produced by 3 Ball Productions, with JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson and Adam Greener serving as executive producers.
The identities of the fifteen fashion designers competing on The Fashion Show are:
- Andrew, a 31-year-old from Fresno, CA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Angel, a 30-year-old from Muncie, IN who currently resides in New York, NY
- Anna, a 30-year-old from Atlanta, GA who currently resides in Brooklyn, NY
- Daniella, a 22-year-old from Washington, D.C. who currently resides in New York, NY
- Haven, a 29-year-old from Chattanooga TN who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- James-Paul, a 28-year-old from Los Angeles, CA who currently resides in London, England
- Johnny R., a 26-year-old from San Diego, CA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Jonny D., a 34-year-old from San Diego, CA who currently resides in North Hollywood, CA
- Keith, a 31-year-old from Highland Park, IL who currently resides in New York, NY
- Kristin, a 23-year-old from Orland Park, IL
- Laura, a 30-year-old from Cincinnati, OH who currently resides in New York, NY
- Lidia, a 28-year-old from Nalchik, Russia who currently resides in Brooklyn, NY
- Markus, a 33-year-old from Birmingham, IL, who currently resides in Miami, FL
- Merlin, a 38-year-old from Tegucigalpa, Honduras who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA