Andy Cohen: I'd stab my eyes out before having Heidi Montag on Bravo
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 02/14/2011
Bravo executive Andy Cohen has graphically reiterated his objection to the idea of former The Hills stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt joining the second-season cast of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills -- and Montag is less than thrilled about it.
"Professionally, I'm not supposed to discuss any negotiations so I have to parse my words here," Cohen said during Thursday night's broadcast of Watch What Happens Live! "That trash is delusional and I would sooner stab... knives into my own eyes than see her on this network."
The Watch What Happens Live! host had previously wrote "hell no" on Twitter in response to Montag and Pratt's public expression of interest about being part of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' next season.
However, Cohen's more forceful reiteration of his rejection of the couple's offer has upset Montag.
"Andy's tasteless remarks were hurtful and completely unnecessary," Montag toldPeople. "I was simply being playful. I'm well aware I'm not the right demo for that show, but Andy Cohen took it to a malicious place. I have always been a fan of the Housewives franchise and I don't appreciate being bullied."
In addition, Cohen also made his distaste for Montag more obvious when he sarcastically crowned the reality star Watch What Happens Live!'s "Jackhole of the Week."
"But good news, Heidi, you're on my show tonight because you're the Jackhole of the Week," Cohen said.
The former The Hills stars had expressed theis interest in having Montag become a member of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills last week.
"We would move to Beverly Hills in a heartbeat. We would be psyched if this happened for us," Pratt told RadarOnline.
"Watch out Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Here comes Heidi..." Montag wrote on her Twitter account.