Alan is finally getting his chance to shine after serving as a Dancing with the Stars Troupe member for multiple seasons. Alan joined the Troupe in Season 20 and served as an alternate when a pro dancer suffered an injury.
Alan made a name for himself last season when he repeatedly filled in for Maksim Chmerkovskiy and danced with Glee star Heather Morris both in rehearsals and onstage.
He's one of the youngest pro dancers on Dancing with the Starsthis season, but he's got a lot to offer. Curious to learn more?
Below is a list of five facts Reality TV World has compiled about Alan Bersten:
- Alan competed on Season 10 of So You Think You Can Dance back in 2013 when he was 19-years-old. Alan was eliminated in Week 6 of the competition, finishing in the Top 12 dancers and the Top 6 men.
- He was born on May 26, 1994. His family is from Russia but Alan grew up in Minnetonka, MN -- where despite his cold-weather upbringing, he had said he never went skiing or snowboarding.
- Alan is the youngest of three siblings, and his older brother Gene also previously auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance's tenth season. Alan thanks his older brother for teaching him how to dance.
- Alan played the guitar when he was younger and began dancing at age 7. He also attended the University of Minnesota.
- Alan loves watching documentaries, is addicted to chess, and considers gummy bears to be his weakness.