Victoria and Val may not top the judges' leaderboard week to week, but the celebrity absolutely impresses the judges and stuns viewers at home with her ability to dance intricate choreography considering she can't even feel her legs.
Victoria has said competing on Dancing with the Stars is "a dream come true" and means the world, so imagine if she actually wins the mirrorball trophy?!
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Victoria Arlen:
- At age 11, the lifelong swimmer and athlete fell ill with transverse myelitis and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, two rare conditions that left her in a four-year long coma and without use of her legs for nearly 10 years.
- When Victoria was in a coma, she could hear conversations going on in her hospital room as doctors expressed losing hope for any sort of improvement in her condition. However, with support from her family, the athlete's health improved tremendously.
- Victoria was born on September 26, 1994 in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a triplet and has two brothers.
- In June 2010, Victoria returned to the pool for the first time after recovering and worked towards competing in the Olympic Games. Two years later, she participated in four events at the London Paralympic Games in Spring 2012 and took home one Gold and three Silver medals.
- Victoria is a world-record holder in the 100-meter free.
- As a TV personality, Victoria has reported for numerous sports programs -- including X-Games, Invictus Games, The ESPY Awards, Special Olympics World Games and SportsCenter.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Victoria is a motivational speaker who lives by the motto: "Face it. Embrace it. Defy it. Conquer it."