Simone has been a bright star on the show since the beginning, but she has yet to receive a perfect total score from the judges -- something many fans would argue is long overdue. During interviews with the press, Simone has expressed frustration that the judges are a little hard on her and she deserves better scores.
But there's still time left for Simone to blow the judges away. Will she make it all the way on Dancing with the Stars like Olympian Laurie Hernandez before her?
Below is a list of 9 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Simone Biles:
- Simone Arianne Biles was born on March 14, 1997 in Columbus, OH. She has three siblings -- Ashley, Tevin and Adria -- and due to her mother's drug and alcohol addiction, Simone was placed in foster care.
- The 4'9" athlete is Catholic and also holds Belizean citizenship through her mother. She refers to Belize as being her second home and it's her favorite place to travel.
- She was officially adopted by her grandparents, who had been taking care of her for several years prior, in 2003.
Simone was later introduced to gymnastics during a school field trip to Bannon's Gymnastix at the age of six.
- Simone is an animal lover. She has four German Shepherd dogs which she adores -- Maggie, Atlas, Lily and Bella. She also loves turtles!
- Prior to Dancing with the Stars, Simone trained in gymnastics 35 hours per week, and her career highlights include being an Olympic gold medalist in vault, floor, Individual and Team All-Around, as well as a bronze medalist on balance beam at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
She has accumulated a total of 19 Olympic and World Championship medals.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Simone's book Courage to Soar: A Body in Motion, A Life in Balance, which was published in November 2016, is a New York Times Best Seller.