Simone, at only 20-years-old, is one of the most decorated female gymnasts in history. She joined Dancing with the Stars' 24th season because she's always had a love for the show and dancing in general.
Simone has been a frontrunner in the ABC reality dancing competition since the beginning, but she faces tough competition this season -- including Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei and Glee star Heather Morris.
The spunky 4'9" athlete is adorable, fun and driven, but what else do we know about her?
Below is a list of 6 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Simone Biles:
- Simone Arianne Biles was born on March 14, 1997 in Columbus, OH. She has three siblings -- Ashley, Tevin and Adria -- and due to her mother's drug and alcohol addiction, Simone was placed in foster care.
- She was officially adopted by her grandparents, who had been taking care of her for several years prior, in 2003. Simone was later introduced to gymnastics during a school field trip to Bannon's Gymnastix at the age of six.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant's book Courage to Soar: A Body in Motion, A Life in Balance, which was published in November 2016, is a New York Times Best Seller.
- Simone typically trains in gymnastics 35 hours per week, and her career highlights include being an Olympic gold medalist in vault, floor, Individual and Team All-Around, as well as a bronze medalist on balance beam at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
She has accumulated a total of 19 Olympic and World Championship medals.
- Simone is Catholic and also holds Belizean citizenship through her mother. She refers to Belize as being her second home.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant was the first American female gymnast chosen by Team USA to be the flag bearer for the closing ceremonies.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!